Saturday, November 08, 2008

Absolutely True

At school, one of my friends and fellow teachers has a sign hanging in her classroom that says:

There will be no crisis this week...my schedule is already full.

I laugh every time I see that sign. How true, right? I'm not sure when it happened, but my life became busy. Usually when I think about busy, I'm thinking about all the "extra" stuff that can fill up a square on the calendar. I've discovered that I'm quite busy these days just doing the ordinary stuff, not to mention all that extra stuff.

For example, you know that I'm busy with walking most nights (and if you're not familiar with that check out the post below...such an embarrassment, but a fun read all the same) and when you throw in church on Wednesday and WW on Thursday...well it just adds up.

Also on my calendar this week (in three boxes no less) was Toby. He was declawed and neutered on Tuesday. I had to take him to the vet Monday afternoon since I couldn't drop him off on Tuesday morning (sometimes work gets in the way of just about everything!). I picked him up on Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately for both of us, his healing hasn't been smooth. I had to take him back in this morning for an infection in one of the pads. Of course, Charlie doesn't understand either why his pal doesn't want to play with him so he's been driving me bonkers. Needless to say...one crisis we're all wishing hadn't happened.

There is this Fall PTO carnival at school this afternoon. It was stressed very heavily that you needed to sign up for a shift, but I've decided not to trek down to Spring and attend. I put in a monetary donation instead. There have been numerous things that come up at school that require money...more than I thought. Frankly, I'm a little tapped out at the moment in the spare money department. I'm sure it'll go on just fine without me.

Today, I'm doing a little Fall cleaning at home...more than just the usual vacuum and toilet scrub of the weekend. My friend Becky is coming to spend the weekend with me on Friday. As you've seen, my weeknights are a blur of activity so all that in depth cleaning gets to get done today. Don't you just hate anything that starts with in depth?! On the upside, the house smells wonderful! Clean is my absolute favorite scent.

So, however you're spending the weekend I hope your life follows that funny little saying and that all crisis stay away so you can get on with the getting on of living that busy life of yours!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I totally understand what you mean about the days of the week flying by and then to get to the weekend, only to catch up on house stuff! Guess what we are doing tomorrow?? Cleaning before I leave to head down there on Friday morning. I would love to get a head start this evening but we are going out to dinner for my mom's birthday! Can't wait for this weekend!! Maybe we will have to make this a yearly thing!

Le Butterfly said...

yip - can identify with that.

Visiting from - I love your blog swap.

smileymamaT said...

yah that IS busy - and obviously you shouldn't have to give up a lot of $$ for school events, jeesh! OH and I'm still laughing about the TP incident - holy crap that was funny!!!!!!!!