Monday, September 26, 2005

Dropping Hints

I never understand those people (women in particular) that don't want people to know when their birthdays are on the calendar. And what's up with those people that are content to just let a birthday pass them by? I am not one of those people. MY BIRTHDAY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. I have never been ashamed to let people know when my birthday is or how old I am. Well, let me rephrase. I do not go around injecting my birthday (BY THE WAY...OCTOBER 7 IS MY BIRTHDAY) into random conversations. It usually only comes up in the fall when IT'S GETTING CLOSE TO MY BIRTHDAY.

Take today for instance, I was doing the subbing thing (see fake entry below) and a bunch of little kids started telling me when their birthdays were. So, being the good substitute teacher that I am, I told them THAT MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP.

Birthdays mean a lot of different things to different people. To me, my birthday means that I got another trip around the sun. I was blessed to have another year with my family and friends...though they might not have felt so blessed. That's a joke...they really did feel blessed. Also, I'm not one of those shallow people that think birthdays are only a time to get presents and have the focus completely on me. Well, okay...you got me there...I do enjoy my few minutes of fame at the restuarant when the entire waitstaff sing to me. Surely I'm not the only one...am I? Though I've never stooped so low as to pretend it was my birthday for free cake. That's just wrong...besides birthday cake doesn't taste the same it it isn't your birthday.

Anyway, I just thought a little post about MY UPCOMING BIRTHDAY was in order.

No comments: