Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Takin' A Break

I'm taking a break from all things remotely resembing responsiblity. I'm leaving my job, quitting running the errands for those family members that are older than me....you know basically everyday responsibilty. I'm going on a mini vacation and boy am I ever ready for it! Tomorrow (okay I'm officially doing the responsible thing tomorrow but when I get off work) I'm going to a northern Texas city where I'll meet up with some college friends. Then Friday, we're heading south to a fun little German themed water park. It'll be a weekend of doing things that are fun. Perhaps I should throw in that this is with people I went to church with so those of you thinking I'm going to wind up on some College Grads Go Wild DVD you can rest assured it won't be that kind of fun. Not that I really know what that kind of fun is like...do I really seem like that kind of chick?

Anyway, everyone deserves to get a way for a while and just do what you want to do. I'm looking forward to the break to get away from all the normal humdrum activities that constitute my life. Hopefully, since we'll be in the sun and water I'll get that last summer tan. I had one that has started to fade (I'm indoors more...which sucks) so I've been "doctorin'" it with one of those glowing lotions that has the tanner in it. So far the only things that have really picked up the glow are my cuticules when I don't remember to wash my hands immediately after applying the stuff.

So to those of you out there getting in that last minute summer vacation....have fun!!! And for those of you who have already returned to your pre-summer color....wish me lots of fun!!!!

2 comments:

PokerGodo said...

Can't wait to participate in your mini-vacation and have some much need fun time!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a GREAT weekend!