Friday, October 07, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Post Script)

Happy birthday baby! Live it for all it's worth!

Well today was a really good day! I got to sleep late this morning and it was even nippy outside...my favorite kind of weather. I did have to work but even work was slow and easy today. Several people wished me happy birthday (thank you to those that did so in my comments). Tonight my family took me out to eat. We eat at my favorite Chinese restaurant.

Umm little detour...I'm a cock. No, seriously, that's my Zodiak symbol. I'm quick and have a love for learning (hmmm might explain the teacher thing) and I'm also selfish and eccentric. Is eccentric even a good thing? And apparently snakes will make a good match. How true are these things?!

Anyway, back to my birthday. I love to collect Willow Tree figurines. Last Christmas my parents bought me the W.T nativity. I also collect those. Anyway, they got me the wise men set as part of my birthday. And I promptly broke the head off of wiseman number three. Grace was never my middle name. But thankfully it was a clean break and with a little super glue surgery scheduled he'll be back to being wise shortly. I also got a digital camera. I was none too subtle in letting my parents know that I really wanted a digital camera for my birthday. So tomorrow I get to read all the instructions and play with it! I also got some green...always a good thing...and some really pretty cards.

But most importantly, my family was together. Even my 89 year old great grandmother made it out to dinner along with my aunt. As I get older (gosh I never thought I'd use that phrase) I'm learning to appreciate the fact that birthdays are more about family and traditions than what's wrapped up in a box.

I was wrong before...today was a great day! I hope that all my days this year are as great as today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've talked to you on the phone twice and I still haven't said HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Sorry!

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Happy Birthday!