Saturday, November 19, 2005

I'm THAT Driver

I'm that driver...you know the one. The one that runs through a red light. The one that incites normal people to want to commit murder because they are overcome with road rage.

I'm owning up and taking the blame. I was the driver that was careless and thinking about something else as I plowed into the intersection and then noticed the light was red. And unfortunately, while no one hit me nor did I hit anyone, there were two cars also in the intersection. Thankfully, my brakes worked and so did theirs.

I know I was saying I'm sorry as I got my tail out of the intersection. And I'm sure that several people were using profane words to describe me too. Thankfully, everyone managed to get out of that situation wholly intact.

Now here is the funny thing, I was thinking about blogging when I ran the red light. Actually, I spend quite a lot of time sitting in front of my computer. My mom jokes that I'm an email (and now blogging) junkie. And you know what...I think she might be a little bit right.

Now I'm a social person. My calendar is usually packed with places to go and people to see. I work two jobs and I hang out with my family a lot too. I'm a busy girl, but I usually make time to get my email and blog checked at least twice a day. This usually happens when I first wake up and right before I go to bed. And if I get time, I usually check sometime during the day too.

Well, they do say that admitting you have a problem is the first step. And apparently I do have a problem if it's causing me to miss traffic lights and endanger myself. Perhaps it was because I'd only checked my email and blog about 3 times this morning so I was in need of a fix. Don't worry, I won't try going cold turkey. Everyone in my hometown can rest easy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're weird. But, you know I love you anyway! I'll be out on Friday night so I'll see you then....

mikster said...

Yeah....this blogging stuff is addictive...lol....and certainly glad to hear there was no accident either...

Tracy O'Brien said...

oh yikes!! Well it's a good thing that you were lucky, it's easy to get into a trance when you're driving. It's like autopilot! Hope you find Morty,

Baloobas

Tracy O'Brien said...

hey,
yeah leaving things to the last minute is a bit of a bad habit alright!! But pressure does mean quality as opposed to quantity.. all the padding gets dropped!
Studying Planning, just about 6 months to go and I'll have my Masters. Been a long road.. but there's light at the end of the tunnel now!! What did you study yourself? Glad to be finished?

Baloobas x