Thursday, November 17, 2005

Without A Trace (with updates)

My baby is missing.

Morty went out this morning sometime and it's just like them to stay out most of the day. But this afternoon we still hadn't seen him. I went outside and called him. I assumed he was over at Miss Jane's. It's almost 11pm...still no Morty.

Where is my baby tonight?

Friday 9:00am: He didn't come home at all last night. Both my dad and I have walked the neighborhood without any results. I also called Animal Control and they have not picked up any kittens match his description. I'm very sad this morning.

Saturday 9:30am: I think Morty is gone...really gone. We've searched and asked around the neighborhood, but no one has seen him. Though lots of people were quick to tell me that cats (especially those of the male persuasion) tend to wander and can be gone for days before they come home. I clinging to this like a drowning person clings to the driftwood, but I just don't feel it. Yesterday was really hard. I cried at everything (thanks to a little pms thrown into the mix). All I could think about was that it was below freezing the last two nights and he's just a baby. What is he eating? And it breaks my heart to hear Dex cry before he finally settles down in his bed at night. He wonders where his brother is too. I don't think that people who don't have pets can really understand how it feels to lose a pet. I'm sure there will probably be more posts about this, but for now I need to focus on something other than Morty.

2 comments:

mikster said...

Hard to stop true love huh?...lol...(hoping nothing is wrong though and he comes home soon)

mikster said...

Oh.....now I'm feeling bad about my smarta** comment.....hope he shows up soon.