Monday, November 28, 2005

Various Updates

Just to start this off right...someone sent me the funniest Thanksgiving card. It is as follows:
Front: History tells us that the Pilgrims never drank, never messed around, and were always in bed by 9pm.
Inside: Kinda makes you wonder what they had to be so thankful for.

I'm just one of those people that loves to send and receive mail. I'd rather spend the $4 it takes to buy the card and stamp (and you know what a thoughtful gesture this is because of my habit of not getting mail to the PO in a timely manner) than have to sit and type out an email. Anyway, I laughed for a good minute and I still get a little chuckle.

Okay...updates.

Morty: I mentioned to a few people that I thought we'd found Morty. There was a picture in the paper of some lost animals. One of the pictures looked just like Morty...right down to the stripe that comes out from his eye. I tried to not get my hopes up but it happened anyway. I waited outside of the animal control center for 15 minutes waiting to get in. I walked into the cat section and asked to see the animal that was in the paper. It wasn't Morty. My heart broke all over again. I tried to keep it together and did okay until I looked at the lost and found board and saw that the little thing I'd typed up and his picture were missing from the board. I asked why it wasn't up there and she said that they had taken it down to see if it was a match. I then demanded (listen people...I was barely hanging on) that it be put back up. The lady wasn't all that nice. Anyway, I got in my car and cried just like I had the last time I'd come out of the shelter. I hate that place and can't go back. I can't be the one to walk out of that barely humane place without my baby. We still have Dexter so the days are getting easier. Sometimes I'll catch myself looking for him and I'll have to stop and just hope that someone took him in and is loving him half as much as I did. We've discussed the possibility of getting another kitten, but we've decided to wait. It's just too soon.

Black Friday: Thanks Rachael...I survived. I dragged myself out of bed at 5 o'clock AM. Gosh, that was awful. I made it to work...minus breakfast because I couldn't make myself get up any earlier. There were crazy ladies lined up outside of the scrapbook store ready to shop. I felt like propping up my eyelids with toothpicks...that couldn't be anymore painful than being awake before the sun even was. Anyway, it was a crazy madhouse for the first three hours. At least the time went by quickly. I did hear some women say that they had been up at 3am to be at Target when the doors open. Some people need medication for their silliness.

Thanksgiving: The day was great...the weather was perfect. The turkey was a little dry and my rolls did fall when I put them in the oven but other than that we had a great day. My great grandmother was well behaved. I didn't over eat so I didn't spend the football game wishing I could vomit. We were able to go to my grandparents on Friday afternoon and again, it was great to spend time with my family. I hadn't seen my grandparents since my graduation back in May. I love Thanksgiving because it's the start of my favorite holiday season!

Well, there you go...now you're updated.

4 comments:

mikster said...

Bummer on Morty....hopefully he'll show up soon....ya never know about cats.

Tracy O'Brien said...

hey, that's sad about Morty, poor kitty, and poor you. It's not easy, they're so doty it's hard not to get attached! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving though, don't get yourself too down, I agree with Mike, sometimes cats just take off for a holiday! Lets hope that's all it is :)

xx

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the decrease efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=audio editing lab 12.8 ?
I noticed the utter you suffer with not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg