Sunday, January 01, 2006

You Don't Mess With Tradition!

Happy New Year!!!

Well, the pajama party was kind of a dud. I had a good time, but he had to work and didn't make it to the party. All that fuss over pajamas for naught....oh well. I still got some cute (in the baby ducks kind of way) pajama bottoms out of the deal. And sorry...I didn't take a single picture (you who was curious).
There was a mini revelation last night too. I'm on a fast track to becoming an old foogie. I was yawning and wishing I could just hit the sack at about 11:30pm. But yes, I did watch the ball drop...twice in fact. I also probably drove everyone crazy because I kept saying "I've been there! I've been there!". I can't help it. New York excitement is still running high for me!
Okay, I think I'm ready to get on with this post. There are some traditions that you just don't mess with...well at least in our family. One of those traditions includes eating your black-eyed peas and collard greens on New Year's day. The black-eyed peas are supposed to represent good luck financially in the coming year. Same goes for the collard greens. I like black-eyed peas sorta. I mean I can eat them once or twice and then I'm done with them. But I'm not fond of collards at all. But it's tradition and you don't mess with tradition.
Perhaps I'm just in my own little world but I just thought that everyone ate black-eyed peas on New Year's, but some friends that are from the North said that black-eyed peas are cow food. Well, all I can say is bring them on...I'll take your financial luck this year!
Whatever your traditions, I hope that 2006 is a wonderful year in every aspect!

2 comments:

mikster said...

Sigh*....no pics....lol...have a great week!

doodlebugmom said...

I have never had black-eyed peas or collard green. Maybe thats why I have yet to win the lottery!

Sorry your party turned out to be a dud :(

Linda