Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Venting

The title isn't creative, but I just don't have creative juices flowing.

Yesterday afternoon my mom and I had a major "discussion" about my responsibilities as a member of this household (no matter how much I don't wish to be a member of this household at the moment). I thought I was doing a great job of hiding my resentment of my current circumstances but apparently I wasn't. Some of the things my mom had to say were pretty hard to hear...not because they were hurtful but because they were true. This is the one place where I can vent my feelings about this whole situation, but even I'm tired of my whining.

So...moving on.

This past weekend I went to visit some of my old college friends. It was fantastic! I had so much fun...and that was just what the doctor ordered. I got to have lunch with D. Then we looked through all my NYC pictures (which she loved because there were so many great ones and she did most of the picture taking and I did most of the picture posing) and we talked about the future installments of Deniece's Take On NYC. I really am excited about this post (shameless plug here) because she has such writing talents and wit. It should be enjoyable, but might not be available on the blog until next week sometime.

I went to see Failure To Launch with some friends. Cute movie and really hot main character. Hmmm...sorry. I got sidetracked by thoughts of Matthew. One word of caution...there is a Terry Bradshaw naked scene. A saggy naked kind of scene. Just warning you.

There was also a group party that was a lot of fun. It's always so nice to visit with old friends and people that you don't get to see a lot of anymore. Christian and Jake and I had a particular fun time because we got hooked on some love compatibility sight. Basically you enter your name and someone (typically of the opposite sex but I had some high percentages with some of the same sex) else's name and it tells you how compatible you are in the love department. It's kind of scary how easily amused one can be in the middle of the night. (Again, S...sorry for being so loud. Hope we didn't keep you and the hubby too long!)

Well, it seems like a waste of blog space to talk about cleaning the bathroom and laying in bed watching tv so I'll wrap it up.

10 comments:

Tracy O'Brien said...

I'm back!! Glad you had a great weekend! Sorry to hear you're feelin a little claustrophobic living at home, it's only part of growing up!! Just enjoy it but make sure you don't put your life on hold.. if you understand me!!!

mikster said...

Did the parents put their foot down or something?

You kind of left us hanging here.

lol

Steff said...

Baloobas: I don't think moving out and then moving back in are considered normal parts of growing up, but I appreciate the sentiments. Glad you're back!!! So is St. Patrick's Day really big over there?

Mike: Hanging huh?...lol. There is a wealth of meaning in that huh. Sorry...sometimes I just can't help myself!

As to your question, yeah feet were put down (by both me and her). There were guilt trips, crying, and finally a few lines and responsibilities drawn. We're trying it out for a while and then we'll re-evaluate. At least I have a projected move out date.

It's funny because yesterday I had so much to say and then today it just sounded like whining. Hence the very short write up about it. Besides, aren't people sick of listening to the poor little spoiled girl?

PokerGodo said...

Sorry to hear that you and your mom got into it, but it sounds like some good came out of the "discussion".

Again, glad you had a good time. And no, you didn't keep us up.

Missing you already!!!!

PokerGodo said...

oh, and you kinda left us hanging (yeah I know, too easy!) about the love compatiblity site. I know it was just for fun, but any prospects?!?!?! Just wondering!! (giggles!)

Trina said...

Hey Steff,
Sorry this time is so hard right now with living at home. I know I loved the idea of being completely independent, so its a tough season for you Im sure.
At least it sounds like you had some great friend time, those are the best.

Deb said...

Hey, sorry you're going through some stuff at home. I know how that can be. *sigh*

As far as Matthew in the movie "Failure to Launch"---I think my heart is with Sarah Jessica Parker. I've always had a thing for her. As far as Matthew? He's a cutie too. Saggy? You think she's saggy? I have never seen that part of her.

Hmmm....

mikster said...

lol @ Deb...I think she was referring to Bradshaw...but then perhaps not....she has such a young impressionable mind yanno....

Steff said...

Shari: Thanks for the understanding. I love them and they love me...it's just everyone is ready for something different and when you live this close to someone "discussions" are bound to happen. As for the love connection site...nope. We basically put in all combinations of our names and people at church's names. Jake was surprisingly high with John though..lol.

Trina: Thanks for the encouraging words. I know there is probably a lesson I'm supposed to be learning. And yes, friend time is precious to me! I just need to make a point of making some more family time too.

Deb: I like SJP in movies, but she's all yours any other way! And I've thought Matthew was a total babe since I saw him in Contact. And I meant you see Terry Bradshaw's saggy butt...yes...it's saggy...lol.

Mike: Thanks. She was referring to Bradshaw and what's this about an impressionable mind? lol

Anonymous said...

hey im posting a comment! that was fun the other night! you know you loved that sight! hope to see you again soon!!