Monday, April 03, 2006

Interview Nerves (Post Script)

I have an interview tomorrow. It's like a duel interview....there are two possible positions up for grabs. I actually called about the part time one (thanks to Q.B. I'm just not getting around enough) and the lady actually suggested that I apply for the full time position. This is all very good and I'm excited. But, I'm also nervous.

I got my first real job my senior year of high school. They interviewed me and I got the job. That pattern continued through-out college. I actually got a little cocky...there wasn't a job out there that I'd applied for that I didn't get. That is until it came time to get an actual career going. Then I got passed over so many times it actually got to the point where I didn't even want to try and interview. So, can you see where the nerves come in?

I think I'd like this job...either one. Anyway, I spent tonight polishing up my resume so I'm ready to go. It's tomorrow. Afternoon. So, if you stop by before let me know some things I can do to relax and be un-nervous and then wish me luck!

Post Script: First, thanks to all of you who wished me well! Keep wishing because I have a follow up interview that is still in the process of being scheduled.

When I arrived, I gave my name and the receptionist handed me a thick stack of forms to fill out. It was everything from a standard application to a spelling test. The spelling test stressed me out because I am NOT a good speller. The words were spelled and they asked you to check the ones that weren't spelled correctly. Talk about pressure! Anyway, after I fill out this massive stack of forms, the lady asks me if there was a certain position I was interested in and then says "Oh...you didn't need to fill these out. But you did very well. Just a sec and I'll get you set up with Carole." Well a little spelling practice never hurts.

As it turns out, the lady that interviewed me is actually someone that I met through my job last summer. I'm always glad for small favors. We'll see if that works out in my favor or not.

Anyway, as I was leaving she gave me a time sheet. She said it was in the hopes that things went really well with the next interview. She's supposed to be getting back to me on when that will be. Apparently the lady that is to interview me next is out of town.

So, now you know as much as I did. The jobs sound challenging and fun...always a good combination. I'll keep you posted!

8 comments:

mikster said...

Good luck steff!!

As far as relaxing.....alcohol usually works wonders...not sure you want to be that relaxed though.

*snickers*

mikster said...

Oh...and don't wear your pajamas...but wearing something is implied...in case you're wondering.

*snickers*

and....

really....

good luck.....I'm rooting for ya!

Anonymous said...

Mom, Mimi, and I say good luck!!!

Love you hon....

Trina said...

ohhhh Good luck Steff! I am sure you will do great! Let us know about the outcome.

PokerGodo said...

Good Luck, Sweety! Keep us updated on how it goes!

*~Annette~* said...

good luck!!!!

BTW... you've been tagged....

Deb said...

Hey good luck! Did you get the results yet? Did they call? I wish you the best! Remember, YOU'RE interviewing THEM... always keep that in mind. :)

Steff said...

Mike: I tried something different than alcohol, but it had the same desired feel good effect. And, yes, I did where clothing to the interview. What would I do without you keeping my clothes all straight?!

Amanda: Thanks! I miss you!

Trina: I think I did okay for round one. I'm not sure if they think I have enough experience to "manage" other people, but I passed onto the next round so maybe. Thanks for the well wishes and check out the post script for the outcome details.

Shari: I'll probably know more after this next interview. I always forget to ask the important questions...like how much will I get paid?...lol.

Annette: Thanks! And yeah, I saw that tag. It might be a few days but I'll get to it :o)

Deb: The results are in...I can't spell and I can do easy math problems and alphabatize things. Other than that it's just a waiting game. I think the next interview is with the person that I would be working for. Today was more of a screening process I think. Hope you're feeling better!