Friday, April 21, 2006

It's Interview Time...Again (Post Script)

Well, I have an interview scheduled for Monday afternoon. And before you ask...no it's NOT for a teaching position but it is in a classroom/tutoring setting. The hours are good because they would work around subbing. And it would be steady...which my current job status is lacking. The lady that interviewed me the first time said she'd be surprised if I wasn't hired on the spot. I'm refraining from any sort of hope. I know...that probably sounds very wrong, but I've discovered that gearing myself up for a good thing and then it not being a good thing is tough. So, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I suppose I'll have some sort of a better feeling next week. We'll see.

Post Script: There is a twisted little journey to the end of this tale. Yesterday (Sunday) my mom saw an ad in the paper for the same summer position that I had last year. I loved that job and had a blast! So, I wanted to apply. I figured I might have a leg up considering I was the assistant last year. Well, as things normally do, there were some changes. The person that hired me last year isn't the same person that is there this year. And while she does know me and our chat this morning seemed to go well, I'm not banking on anything. Oh did I mention that this job (if I get it) would start the first of May? Well, I went ahead and kept my interview time with the after school program job. And I was offered the position...I start tomorrow! How cool is that :o) Okay...dilemma. I want the summer job. I couldn't turn down this job. So, I have a job and a plan in case I'm offered the other summer job. I kept telling my mom how it would all work if this happened and then what if this happened and finally what if this happened. She said "what if you wake up from this dream sometime soon?". Yeah, I have a real helpful parent. Anyway, I start tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. I am excited though!!! Is it okay to be more excited by the paycheck than the actual job? I hope so.

14 comments:

mikster said...

Best of luck to ya!! Wear your best (and cleanest) pajama's for the best impression.

*snickers*

but seriously

I'll cross my fingers for ya.

Steff said...

Mike: I can only imagine what sort of position would require me to wear my pjs to the interview.

*snickers*

But seriously...thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm a HUGE believer in cautiously optimistic. Good luck Steffany I hope it goes VERY well.

mikster said...

Well...I was trying to keep my comment clean and wasn't wondering what positions you like in your pj's.

You naughty, naughty lil girl.

*snickers*

Staci said...

LOL to much!
Keepin ya in my thoughts.Steff!

Anonymous said...

That is disgusting. There are names for girls like you...especially when you do it with perverts twice your age. A guy can only imagine what kind of person you are in real life.

mikster said...

Dear anonymous,

1st off..what a douchemonkey you are...and commenting anonymously...that's what is actually disgusting. Steff is a sweetheart and if you don't get inside jokes perhaps you shouldn't comment...or maintain breathing for that matter.

Anonymous commenters are among the lowest forms of life and the biggest pussies as well.

Deb said...

Ah, I just love you Mikey boy! I think the anonymous guy is just jealous cause he/she hasn't gotten laid in quite some time, so he thinks 'wearing PJs' is a form of erotica. How hurtin' is that?

In any case STEFF------GOOD LUCK SWEETIE! I hope things work out. And remember, YOU'RE interviewing THEM----they're just there to answer YOUR questions. They need you more than you need them.

Go get em'!!!

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Good luck on the interview. I haven't been keeping up on my duties very well lately, so I'm a little out of the loop... but what the hell is in anonymous' butt?

I truly do not uderstand people who take time out of their lives to visits blogs and be hateful, non-sensical even, under the oh-so-tough nickname "anonymous." There a name for people like that... cowards.

Steff said...

Bethany: Thanks! I'm hoping that it goes well.

Jamie: I'll let you know something. I'm sure I'll at least have a vibe about the job.

Mike: LOL...takes one to know one bud!

Staci: Hey lady...thanks for stopping by! It's always fun on here!!!

Anonymous: Your imagination is working over-time. And sadly in the wrong direction. Reading my blog and/or comments is obviously upsetting so I'd suggest you don't stop by anymore.

Mike: If I knew who this person was I'd send him/her to your last anonymous post. You say it so much better than me :o)

Deb: I think I need them pretty bad, but thanks for the well wishes! I actually saw today in the paper that the job I had last summer (which was a good one) is open again...I'm going to see about that one too.

Rachael: Nice to see you out and about again! Send me some of your job juju (spelled right?)...you seem to have the touch!!

momto3blessings said...

Good luck with the interview.

Tracy O'Brien said...

Good luck pet, fingers crossed you'll sail through the interview - they'll be begging you to work for them!

mikster said...

So lil missy....how did the interview go?

Trina said...

Wow that is AWESOME Steff!!
You are on a roll woman!