Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back In My Groove...Sorta

I wish I could say that this post was being typed at my computer, but alas this is not the case. I thought I might have lost some of the pleasure I take from updating my blog, but you'll be relieved to know that it is still here. There are so many things to say and updates to give. Forgive me, but you know how much I adore a good list.

First, I owe some thank-yous. Mike, thank you for keeping my blog company while I was (well...am still) away. It sounds like you've kept the masses (and my mother) highly entertained. And thankfully my reputation is still in good shape! Seriously, I know you've probably got a lot better things to do than baby-sit my blog. I do appreciate it. Everyone who left birthday wishes, thank you for the well wishes. I rang in my quarter centuryness in high fashion. I got to spend time with my parents, eat my mom's fabulous strawberry cake, shop, get gifts, and love all over one incorporative kitty. It was wonderful! It's too bad birthdays only come once a year. Perhaps this year I'll take my good friend D's advice and start celebrating my half birthday too. And finally to my mom, thanks for having a sense of humor and not rolling your eyes and saying my name in that way that means how could you find something like this amusing when you read my blog!

Second, are you dying to know about the computer situation? Well, after finally finding the time to take my computer to the repair guy (its harder than you think considering we have the same working hours) I decided to just invest a few bucks (and by that I mean a moderate sum of bucks) now and continue to save for the laptop. Anyway, I have my new computer at home and set up. I have to again make time to be home when the cable company can be there to come and reinstall or whatever it is they do to my computer so that my internet...and my connection to you lovely people...is restored. Hopefully that will happen by this weekend!

Third, remember that Halloween party I mentioned I was going to throw? Well, it is this Saturday. So far only three people have RSVPed...I'm hoping that more will come. I've picked out an adorable purple and black witch's hat and a purple feather boa to wear. Won't I just be the witchest thing around? I'll try to post some pictures...assuming that I can load the software on my computer without crashing it this time.

Fourth, there are some interesting conversations that take place in the comments box. Y'all do go back and re-read those don't you? Those of you with tracker devices on your blog...I promise I'm not stalking (except for a certain blogger...him I'm trying to catch with his pants down...just kidding!) but I like to see how the writer responds to comments. I try to reply to most comments with some witty zinger. Sometimes I fail in the witty department, but nonetheless there are some interesting "conversations" that take place in the comment box. For example, those of you who haven't read the previous post's comments since you posted should check out the exchange between my mom and Mike. I found it highly entertaining. (And by the way Mom...yes you are a ton of fun! But since this is my blog, let's only talk about my pajamas okay? :op That eye rolling thing I mentioned before...it's happening now...LOL)

Fifth, I know this is a serious note to toss in with the rest of this gibberish, but Sunday my great grandmother passed away. (My other great grandmother passed away at the end of August. I didn't blog about it because I had conflicting feelings and it was a little raw to talk about.) Today was the funeral. It was hard. What else is there to say? I read somewhere that just because a death is anticipated and the grieving process might start before the death doesn't ease the pain of losing a loved one. My heart is sad tonight...for so many people, for so many reasons. I'd ask for those of you that are the praying sort to please send up a prayer for my family as we go about the going on.

If you've read to this point, thanks. I know it was long, but you held out until the end. What a trooper! Hopefully, the next post will come from my own computer and my own internet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see ya back kiddo!

and.....

bummer on the passing of your great grandmother.

(And I have behaved haven't I? And your mother, pajama clad and all, can confirm this.)

Hope your Halloween party is fun this weekend.

WordBearer said...

Thought I would drop by and say hi to the coolest chick I know.

Sorry to hear about your great grandmother. I never knew mine so consider yourself lucky that you were priviledged to have her company for a short amount of time.

I hope your party is a hit. My law school is having one on Saturday that I am boycotting. They seem to have already established a rule that limits the amount of nudity for just me. Fascists. I was going to go as Party Boy from Jackass. I actually found a flattering g-string.

Well I must return to Guedry v. Marino.

Steff said...

Mike: Yes, you behaved rather well in my absense. Must have been pretty tough huh?

*snickers*

WB: I am fully aware of how lucky I was to have two great grandmothers in my life for as long as I did. I miss them both.

You should go to the party...you might just meet the chick of your dreams there. And thank you for that mental picture of you in a g-string. Oh forgive me...a flattering g-string. LOL

WordBearer said...

Ah you would not want me there. I would just get hammered and start a fight with a tree, or in the alternative, hit on everything with legs and a pulse.

As you can see those are my standards for a woman: legs and a pulse...during Mardi Gras I am willing to waive those.

Edtime Stories said...

I don't remember getting my invite to said party. Hope the trip was not too grueling dear and I look forward to when you are back at full capacity.

May both your great grandmothers memories always bring you a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've had sucha busy and tough row. Lots of hugs to you Steff.

And hope you get lots of people to party with. I wish I could go!

PokerGodo said...

Glad to have you back, sweety!!! I've been checking in to see if you've posted something new. I try to keep up with things, really I do try!!!

Anonymous said...

Steff

I am sorry to hear about your great grandmother. you are in my prayers. I miss you bunch! You know I would have went to your party but then you saw how i was dressed :-)

Miss Yall
Pilar

Sophia said...

Glad you are back I have missed you
I am sorry to hear about your grandmother