Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Last weekend I bought my first Christmas tree! My very first very own Christmas tree I might add. My $17 investment in the holiday season has been riding around all week in my trunk. I knew that if I brought it in then I'd want to put it up. So, I've kept it in the trunk. Well, next weekend I'm going home for Thanksgiving (a very happy event!) and I'll have to bring the tree in.

Is there a rule that says you have to wait until December to put up your Christmas tree?

So, I think I'll bring it in Thursday night and attack it when I get home the following Saturday. The lights are already sitting on my coffee table. They look at me and I hear them saying "Our friend the tree is in the trunk...we're lonely." Perhaps all the jingle bells have gone to my head, but I'm truly excited about decorating my tree. Anyway, just a few more weeks and I can put up the tree and not feel weird about it still being November...November before Thanksgiving.

In case you can't tell....I love Christmas!!!

6 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

apparently...
have fun with the whole season

Anonymous said...

You're are truly losing it...lol.

It's hard to ascertain at this point if you're spending too much time in or out of pajamas though.

*snickers*

Anonymous said...

Hey Steff

My Mom put her tree up 2 weeks ago!!!!!

so there is no rule

Pilar

Steff said...

Ed: I'm excitable...what can I say. LOL

Mike: You old Scrooge...and just for that...you'll never know about the pajamas. You'll just have to use your imagination.

*snickers*

Pilar: Well, mine isn't up yet but it will be Thanksgiving weekend!

Anonymous said...

lol...Wanna bet that my imagination would be more embarrassing than the real deal lil missy?

*snickers*

Anonymous said...

I don't know a whole lot about Xmas trees, being Jewish and all, but if you put it up really early, doesn't it dry out by Xmas?