Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!

Yes, I know it's the day after Christmas, but better late than never!

So, Merry Christmas!!

My Christmas was wonderful. Christmas Eve my parents and I did the gift exchange (sometimes it so pays to be an only child!) and I probably raked in more than I deserved. I finally (hopefully!) gave my dad a gift that he found interesting and will actually use. My mom was pleasantly delighted with this yarntainer thing I got her. All in all...the gifts were great and everyone was happy.

We also took some family Christmas pictures that night. My mom's digital camera has a self-timer so after four or seven takes we finally ended up with a family picture that makes everyone happy.

The best part of Christmas is family. Christmas is my favorite holiday (barely squeezing past my birthday...though technically that isn't a holiday) for a lot of reasons, but family is right up there at the top. Now that I'm living so far away from home, I really enjoy and appreciate the time I get to spend with my parents. It was great to sit in front of our beautiful Christmas tree and watch each other open presents and be together.

Christmas morning brought stockings (and boy was I a good girl this year...thanks Santa!) for mine was loaded. I raked in some really cool stocking stuffers! My aunt was able to come over for Christmas Day so again...a great time spent with family. Lifetime had an all day Christmas movie marathon going so we got sucked into that. Has anyone else survived the movie Noel? It has some big name stars...Susan Sarandon, Robin Williams, Penelope Cruz. Anyway, did anyone else get that movie? Talk about convoluted and strange! We kept waiting for the end to make everything clear and well...the ending (and frankly the whole movie) sucked. Thankfully, the movie that came on after it was pretty good.

Today was spent shopping. I found a few good deals and some things that I just couldn't live without. Walmart the day after Christmas isn't how anyone should have to spend their day. It was a mad house in there. Of course, perhaps the fact that I willing went there says something about me. I'm not sure, but it's kind of late at night for too deep of a look into my shopping habits.

Tomorrow, we're leaving to head to my grandparents and do this all over again with all the extended family. I can't wait!

To everyone that wanders by...Merry Christmas (a little late) and Happy New Year's (a little early)!

4 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

Happy happy to you too, glad you are getting this time to decompress.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a rockin' little christmas this year. Ok so it sounds like a song! Glad Santa was good to you, you deserve it!

WordBearer said...

Glad you had a good Christmas Steff. My dog died a few days before so I was inconsolable for a few days.

Greg said...

Merry Christmas (way late) and Happy New Year (right on time) to you, too!