Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Top Ten...

Reasons Why I Haven't Written

10. I support the migrant ink workers in their struggles against capitalist oppression.

9. I didn't have any stationary with a cute unicorn or even cuter cat on it. (They are so talking about Lisa Frank...I loved her!)

8. Everything I write is impounded by a special Senate subcommitte studying the inkworkers thing.

7. I live in fear that I might dot an "i" with a heart or a smiley face.

6. I took a paper-folding class and every time I try and fold a letter it becomes a graceful swan or a scale-covered dragon.

5. All my goldfish formed a suicide pact and went belly up together.

4. Still pretty upset about Number 5.

3. Had to call a plumber after fish's funeral--don't ask!

2. When sitting down to write someone of your stature, I can never think of anything to say.

And the number one reason why I haven't written...

1. I'm the kind of mindless airhead that doesn't get around to writing old friends, even though I think about them all the time!

I got this card from a dear friend the other day. It came right out of the blue and frankly was just the thing I needed that day. And I love how mail happiness does that!

Normally, I'm the one sending cards and mail happiness to people. I have a probably very unhealthy relationship with greeting cards, but I buy them and send them on a regular basis. I know how they make me feel and I hope that I can give a little of that away too. I've never been one to talk on the phone, but I could always write. And these days, some of my favorite people are the people that I stay connected with through the occassional card or letter. I like that.

And speaking of mail happiness, I got some blog happiness today too! My friend...a true friend I'd say...found me and connected in my comments. For my friend, B...this top ten list so could have been from me to you! I hope you're doing well and I miss all the shopping trips. I need a good shopping partner down here!

It really is amazing what mail can do for a person!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A co-worker "found" my blog a few weeks ago. That was kind of weird.

I'm so glad the friend that "found" you brightened your day.

Anonymous said...

康乐网 保健品 保健食品 中华康网 中国肿瘤网 肺癌 抗癌药品 胃癌 食道癌 肝癌 胰腺癌 贲门癌 甲状腺癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 宫颈癌 卵巢癌 乳腺癌 肾癌 前列腺癌 子宫肌瘤 抗癌饮食 好狗网 中国文秘网 中国癌症网 肺癌 胃癌 肝癌 肾癌 食道癌 子宫颈癌 乳腺癌 卵巢癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 皮肤癌 甲状腺癌 胰腺癌 前列腺癌 膀胱癌 骨癌 鼻咽癌 脑瘤 抗癌中药 癌症 乳腺癌 肺癌 胃癌 食管癌 肿瘤 直肠癌 结肠癌 肝癌 宫颈癌 脑瘤 甲状腺肿瘤 胆囊癌 胆管癌 前列腺癌 白血病 鼻咽癌 肾癌 恶性淋巴瘤 皮肤癌 喉癌 舌癌 胰腺癌 膀胱癌 肺癌 肝癌 胃癌 食道癌 宫颈癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 胰腺癌 乳腺癌 脑瘤 珍香胶囊 清肺散结丸 抗癌平丸 慈丹胶囊 金复康口服液 消癌平片 西黄丸 食道平散 复方斑蝥胶囊 天芝草胶囊 癌症网 肝癌网 乳腺癌 脑瘤 珍香胶囊 清肺散结丸 抗癌平丸 慈丹胶囊 金复康口服液 消癌平片 西黄丸 食道平散 复方斑蝥胶囊 天芝草胶囊 癌症网 肝癌网 易瑞沙 复方红豆杉胶囊 复方鹿仙草颗粒 复生康胶囊 食道平散 软坚口服液 臌症丸

Valerie said...

interesting commment above! too bad i failed Mandarin Chinese.

love that top ten!! especially #10 - i'd laugh out loud, except that it's too early to do that!

Steff said...

Bethany: I don't tell anyone anymore that I blog. If they find it then they find it. It wasn't the lady that set up the pom-pom thing was it?!

Anonymous: I can't read blocks!

Valerie: I found the fish ones particularly funny :) Thanks for stopping by...even this early in the morning!

smileymamaT said...

Great list. Something like mine. It's nice when an old, good friend connects, though, and it's not wierd that an old friend might Google your name to try and find you (I must admit I've tried it, sometimes it helps!)
:) T

Becky said...

Steff,

Your list was TOO funny! I think I should make a horrible friend list - and all the reasons why I "say" I don't keep in touch. All going to change! Keep it coming girl.

- Becky

Anonymous said...

Nope, it wasn't the pom-pom lady. It was another children's person at a different branch. That made it kind of weird because we see one another once a month for meetings.

It was funny, she has a blog on JS, found my blog when she was clicking other people's favorites, and added me as a favorite, which gave her away. But, then she didn't know whether or not to say anything to me about it at work. I brought it up and it was all kind of awkward.

The weirdest thing is that I don't talk much about my personal life at the library meetings and now there is someone there that knows just about everything. Definitely two worlds colliding. It isn't really bad, but sometimes it's not really comfortable either.

Nikhil said...

Isn't it clear what the anonymous posting is about? Wonder why you must imagine it to be mandarin. It looks like a duck. Try squinting your eyes and looking at it from fifteen feet away.

Nice list.

:)

doodlebugmom said...

Hey Steff, trying to get a mb started. There is a link on my blog of you wanna peek. Yep, so far it is lame! But hoping it will pick up.

doodlebugmom said...

hmm, I will try that ps again!

PS tell your friends and MB buddies too

Linda