Sunday, March 04, 2007

The 50s




I defintely liked Sock Hop day better than Dr. Seuss day! I was pretty nervous about that whole white socks and black shoes thing, but it turned out very cute. A group of first year teachers decided to dress up like the Pink Ladies from the movie Grease. We wore our hair in pig tails, had scarves tied around our necks, wore men's dress shirts, and of course...the pink sweaters! I didn't get all that many pictures on my camera, but my friend G is supposed to be mailing me the ones from her camera. If any are worth sharing I'll post them.

On to other news...the weekend was good. I went shopping yesterday. I discovered a huge Sam Moon shopping center (three seperate stores!) and came away with some jewelry and new purses. That's what I should have a picture up of! Anyway, the plan was to get a new purse and some new Spring shoes, but since I kind of blew my budget on purses the shoes will have to wait. Sacrifices people...we all have to make sacrifices.

Next week is Spring Break and I'm going home!!! I haven't been home since Christmas and this Mama/Daddy's girl is more than ready.

I hope your weekend was great too!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

you look totally nifty!

WordBearer said...

Hilarious Steff.

Where are all you pretty ladies when I am around?

I got hit on in a bar the other day. Her Adam's Apple freaked me out.

Now back to my drunken world of self destruction.

Anonymous said...

Steffany, you look GREAT! I can't believe it's almost spring break. I hope you have a nice time at home.

Reading the Signs said...

Hello Steff - just wanted to say I have very much enjoyed looking at your blog - which I suppose I may not have seen without the comp.

Trina said...

How fun to FINALLY see a picture of you! That looks like you had so much fun. I love dressing up for stuff like that, I can really get into it for parties.

Anonymous said...

I will be in the Houston area July 4th week?? Let me know if you are going to be there or coming home for the summer??