Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ohh Ohh Ohh...It's So Devious!

A few faithful readers who have been reading for a while might remember that I'm a Survivor fan. Several seasons back I even did a weekly recap. I thought it was great...everyone should share my passion for reality TV. Well, in my reality, no one really cared so I stopped. And this isn't my introduction to say that I'm going to revert back to those recaps. Unfortunately, I think after a dozen seasons or so of Survivor it has started to lose it's appeal to me. Seriously, it's the same story with new characters. Lately, my attitude has been if I'm home I'll watch. If not...I can easily catch up next week.

Well, let me just say...I have officially been drawn back into the sink hole that is Survivor. I haven't been a faithful watcher this season so let me just say my upcoming facts might not be as factual as a faithful watcher's might be. If you're a fan and I've gotten something wrong feel free to correct me in the comments. Apparently, there are two immunity idols this season. One is located on one tribe's beach and the other is on the other tribe's beach. I think these immunity idols could basically reshape the game if the owner knows how to play it right.

Well, Yau-Man found the idol this week in the dirt. His excitement was actually kind of fun to watch. You see, he's this old fart that looks like a strong wind will blow him away. I bet you he was counting his lucky stars that he found himself on the winning tribe or he'd be gone. Anyway, he was extremely happy to have found this petrified turtle thing on a rope.

Now...for the BEST part of the whole show...what has drawn me in against my will...instead of telling anyone (other than his partner in crime Earl...which I'd go on about if I were doing weekly recaps...but you NEVER agree to share your idol...big eye roll and sigh) he found it, he makes a fake one to put back in the exact spot.

Okay, I know I put a lot of those ... (my friend B would know what those are called) in that last paragraph, but let me just say it again. Yau-Man found the immunity idol and then made a fake on to put back in the ground. Presumably another tribe member will find it and think they have the real deal. I love it!!! It is so devious. In all the seasons that immunity idols have been in play, I never even imagined something devious like this. And I'm a competive person so it's totally something I would do! I bet a lot of past season immunity idol winners are kicking themselves for not thinking up something like this. Anyway, I can just see how this is going to play out. A disgruntled tribe mate is going to find the "idol" and think they've got the power. And as any Survivor watcher knows, the disgruntled tribe mate is going to shoot off his or her mouth, piss off a lot of people, get voted off, and then hold up this fake idol. Oh...I can't wait!

So, you see due to my own deviously competitive nature when it comes to games and winning I've been sucked back into watching every week. I have to know how this little twist will effect the game. I wonder if Yau-Man will be able to keep this little piece of trickery to himself. Oh, just when you think you've beaten the addiction something like this happens!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I was getting excited just reading your blog! You see...I love Survivor, too! I watched on Thursday and am now just waiting for someone to find the "fake idol" I can't wait! Do you think the guys are dogging on Lisi and trying to find the idol without her?
-Valerie

Nikky said...

OMG! I like you even more now!! I did not know you were a Survivor fan, and now, to read your words as if you read my mind!! I just knew I liked you, I'm only now finding out how much!!
I laughed and laughed at Yao-man's genius with his little coconut shell fake, I was impressed and thrilled! I just hope someone else finds the darn thing and it plays out like you described, THAT would be a Survivor CLASSIC!!

Becky said...

Steff,
It's nice to see that you haven't changed that much. You still watch your Survivor - I miss when you, Jill and I watched it and made up the decorations when it started a new season. I am sorry to say I haven't seen any one of this season but I will try and keep informed for you! - Becky

*~Annette~* said...

I watched that!!!! I was cracking up... and even STEVE! He's sooooo not a Survivor fan. But that bit of making a FAKE idol! PERFECT! (And you KNOW that I'm a huge Survivor fan, anyway!)

Trina said...

OH my gosh...we have been so busy I havent been able to watch lately. I love Survivor too, so feel free to recap any ole' time you want my dear. Anyway, that is so awesome. He is a devious genius..I seriously CANT WAIT to see what happens. rofl!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't know you were a survivor Fan. Girl I got money on this and Dreams Better win because my other two done got voted off!!! I missed one episode so far it’s the one where they merged. Has anyone found the fake one yet???