Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tweet Tweet

Another weekend is coming to a close and I can honestly say it has been a very productive one at that. Yesterday, I spent most of the day doing some in depth Spring cleaning. Not exactly fun, but a clean home is a great feeling.

Friday at school, a few people were asking about my weekend plans and I mentioned that I needed to clean my bathtub. I'll admit it isn't one of my regular weekly chores, but I try to get to it once a month. Unfortunately, it's a chore that has been pushed to the back burner for several months now. With a small sense of shame I'll admit that the bottom was so soap-scummy I spent more time trying to stand up straight than getting clean in the shower. I know...ick. When I related that as my reason for needing to clean, a friend at work said, "Don't tell that story to anyone else." After hitting it with Comet and a brush I can say that it's sparkling once again! I also dusted anything that stood still, washed every stitch I own, and put fresh sheets on the bed. All of that was in addition to the regular routine. It sure felt nice to go to bed last night in a perfectly clean and straight house!

I slept well until early this morning. For one thing, my internal clock obviously doesn't know that it is the weekend and on weekends I get to sleep late. I still woke up about 6:30 but I fought the urge to fully come awake courageously. Unfortunately, the birds outside my window decided to join in the fray.

I'd just like to say that I like birds. I think they are cute and make some sweet sounds...but not at 7:00 in the morning. It seemed that the little things took pleasure in tweet tweeting this morning. It wasn't a constant tweet tweet, but two or three short tweets in a row every minute on the minute. I guess it doesn't help that my bed is right under the window. Have you ever noticed that if you're trying to sleep and you hear the birds chirping it begins to sound like words? I swear...the longer I listened the more it sounded like sleepy head, sleepy head, sleepy head.

Giving up on any efforts to sink back into dream land, I got up and started the day. And it's been another beautiful day today! Winter is my favorite season, but I think Spring must be next in line. Things are starting to bloom and the weather has been so fabulous. To top off this great day, I tried out a new recipe that turned out yummy and this is the important part...I didn't set off any smoke alarms! It's okay...go ahead...clap and applaud...lol. Anyway, this weekend has been restful and productive. I hope your weekend has been too!

6 comments:

Nikky said...

wow, Steff, sounds like you had a good weekend (minus the birds, of course)

Mine was pretty fast and fairly awful...

You know, I happen to be a pretty good shot with a BB gun... if those birds need some help relocating away from your window... let me know!
LOL

Becky said...

Steff,
Sounds like you were fast and furious this weekend. I totally understand where you are coming from about the feeling that comes with a clean and neat house. I am working on that as well. I did get all my laundry which I am happy about since I HATE laundry. Enjoy your evening, watching your show girl!

Anonymous said...

Hey....no Grey's coments lately....and SO much to comment on!!! Just sayin....

Love ya hon...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.... and SERIOUSLY! Just haven't gotten to say that lately so.....yeah.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weekend and the recipe! The flowers are getting into the spring thing here. It sure is beatiful.

Melissa said...

I know what you mean about the birds. I like the trees around my house for the shade they provide in the summer - just not for the birds they attract. And it seems like they start up before it's even daylight!