Monday, May 07, 2007

M.A.S.H

How many of you remember the game of M.A.S.H? Girls probably remember it more simply because girls mostly played the game. I mean, boys might have, but it was probably a dirty version. Anyway, for anyone not familiar with the game M.A.S.H. it's basically a hokey look into your future. You listed several choices for husband, the number of kids you'd have, the car you'd drive, the job you'd have, etc.

Well, today during a workshop a few of the ladies around me started to play in the effort to ward off boredom. I have to admit that it reminded me of being in middle school and just knowing that if only my M.A.S.H would come true I'd be a happy camper. Well...not exactly today!

Here are my results:

I'm married to George.
We have 15 kids. (I should mention that a rule was that at least one answer had to be a funny, never going to happen kind of answer. This whole 15 kids thing...one of those never going to happen kind of answers!)
We drive a school bus. (Apparently to cart around all those kids.)
I'm an exotic dancer. (Though after 15 kids how good could I look?!)
We have a pet bird.
We live in Houston.
The colors of my wedding were light blue and lavender.
My husband is a public official. (I have to wonder if the public knew about the whole exotic dancing thing...)
A son is named Tucker and a daughter is named Shelby.
We honeymooned in my parents' house.
We live in a mansion.

It was a good laugh and brought back a few memories. So, if you're bored grab your paper and your pen and play a game of M.A.S.H!

9 comments:

smileymamaT said...

You are so funny. We are doing our relay for life in June, as it may be warm by then. :) I remember MASH! I usully ended up driving a Jeep, living in a houseboat with 7 kids and maried to a rock star. Funny!

Anonymous said...

Uhmmm... I never played a version with wedding colors.

Thanks for the cards. My parents really got a kick out of theirs and I sure do love my fuzzy pjs.

Allison said...

Ah! I played that all the time! And I remember how heart broken I was when I never married the cute boy!

Melissa said...

MASH! That brings back memories!

What about slambooks - did you do those too? Man, they were all over my school in 5-7 grades!

Nikky said...

oh, wow... those were those things you had to fold and flip open, right? I could never figure out how to make them!
btw, you've been tagged, get your hiney over to my blog and see!
;o)

WordBearer said...

Never heard of that game. Guess it was because I was playing paper football with the rest of the guys.

Feels good to be back: WordBearer

Steff said...

T: One lady didn't get the point of having a silly answer, but those are the best!

Bethany: You're welcome for the cards. You know cards are my thing! I hope your mom is doing better soon. :)

Allison: I remember how any boy you put on the list was automatically "your crush"! Okay...so one of mine was a crush. ;) I didn't end up with him either.

Melissa: Slambooks...were those the things that everyone had a number and you wrote your answer by the number? I didn't do those because they were usually mean in nature.

Nikky: Nope...they weren't the square things, but I remember those too! And my hiney is on it's way. :)

WB: I was beginning to think you'd died! Glad to see you're back. :)

Edtime Stories said...

You married someone named George a politician from Texas?????

Steff said...

Ed: I hadn't thought of it that way! That is pretty funny. :)