Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ten

I got tagged by Nikky to complete this spill-your-guts type of questionnaire thingy. And y'all know how much I love a spill-your-guts type of questionnaire! I've seen this particular version on blogs and in emails. And now it's my turn. Depending on how well you know me these might be things you already knew and then some might be enlightening. Enjoy!

The Rules: Tell ten things about yourself that most people would not know.

1. I...ahem...have a card fetish. Okay so this isn't really all that much of a secret, but perhaps you're unaware of the extent of this fetish. Can I say fetish and it not mean something sexual? Anyway, I love buying cards, sending cards, and getting cards. I will always believe that mail happiness (my coined term for getting an unexpected card or letter in the mail) is good and can turn a bad day into a good one. It's true for me and that's all that matters!

2. There is going to the bathroom and then there is "going" to the bathroom. Well when I "go" to the bathroom, I have to have something to read. I'm serious...I keep a magazine on the dryer (which is located within reaching distance of my toilet) for those "going" trips. Also, if I don't have a magazine handy then I'll read the back of my face wash or the tampon box...anything that takes my mind off the "going" process. That's a weird one right?

3. I collect shot glasses. I currently have 21 glasses of all shapes, sizes, and varieties. I usually collect them from travels and my uncle also gave me several from his own personal collection.

4. I get embarrassed for people. For example, it's torture for me to listen to people call in on the radio. I usually listen to the radio on my way to work in the morning when the news and morning shows are on. It drives me crazy when people call in and sound like duds on air. I literally cringe and have to change the station because I'm embarrassed for them.

5. I want to write a romance book. I love to read and I read a variety of things (okay the variety has come within the last few years) but I'd still pick a romance book from a pile if I could only read one thing. It's hokey because the plot line is always the same (girl wants a guy, guy is her opposite but hot, girl and guy have a hot passionate affair, discover they are in love, always a misunderstanding that breaks them up, they get together and live happily ever after...ahhh) but I really think it would be fun to write a romance novel.

6. I'm an only child. Some know this because they know me, but I wonder just how many people could guess that fact without me saying it.

7. At some point in my life I want to own a bed and breakfast. This dream (maybe an unrealistic one but a dream none the less) is so funny to me because I can't cook (at least not well!), I'm not fond of cleaning, and sometimes I really enjoy just being alone. But still...there it is. Would you come and stay at my B&B?

8. Sometimes I don't brush my teeth before bed...I just use mouthwash. Kinda hard to believe that I have never had a cavity and I don't have bad teeth!

9. Both of my pinkies are bent. It looks like both of my pinkies were broken or something. They are bent in at the first knuckle. The doctor's told my mom that it was a genetic mutation. Ha...I'm mutated!

10. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower. I think the lavender and periwinkle ones are the prettiest. I love how those colors flow together. They are pretty.

Okay, that was tough. Tougher than I thought it would be, but anyway, I'm not going to tag anyone. If you feel up to copying it take it, but if not thanks for reading my stuff!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

girl, i've got SO many more than ten. i may give 'er a shot later.

and i read occasionally in the loo as well. not as much as the Husband does, though...

Steff said...

Valerie: I think reading makes it come out better...seriously!

Nikky said...

I always thought reading on the can was a guy thing, who da thunk it was a chick thing, too?
I'd stay at your B&B, and while there, I'd take care of myself while editing my novel so you can get some work done on yours!
Thanks for playing Steff, this was really cool!

Melissa said...

I get embarassed for people too! And I often apologize for things that aren't my fault. I tell folks I can feel sorry, even if I didn't do it.

Trueself said...

2. I must have reading material there too. It is a necessity, not an option.

4. Me too, me too!

7. I would stay in your B&B because you will hire a fabulous chef and wonderful housekeepers. Then all you have to do is sit on the veranda and welcome the guests.

Chrissy said...

It scares me how much we have in common. I like tulips, though. I would come to your B&B. I figure I'll save the evening teeth-brushing for when I'm married. My pinkies stick out. I'd buy the first copy of your romance book. I'd keep it in my bathroom! I drink out of shot glasses...borrowed ones. I don't currently own any.

Allison said...

Hmmm shot glasses. Those would be fun to collect, but probably not parental approved... lol.