Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Poster Child For Plucking

Many months ago I wrote a post about my horrific experience getting my eyebrows waxed. Does anyone remember...the guy left an abrasion on my lid. It was pretty bad. Well, I'm not sure it was the worst thing that has happened to my eyebrows in relation to a wax. Let me explain.

Last week, I went in to get my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. The haircut turned out great. The wax...well...not so much.

First, the woman talked a lot. I mean she seemed to get flustered and for no apparent reason. I wasn't talking to her that much, but I think she simply got distracted. She kept layering wax on my brow. Finally, she laid the cotton strip down, gave it a very brief pat, and then ripped. After that, she went "Oh" on a sharply indrawn breath.

Anyone care to guess what she'd done?

Oh yeah. I thought she'd taken off the whole eyebrow. I was trying to remember to breath and not cry while frantically reaching for a mirror. She handed me one and it was worse than I'd thought. She'd taken off a half inch chunk from the middle of my eyebrow. Scroll back down and look at my pictures. Go ahead. I'll wait.

See, my eyebrows aren't thin and fine. Nope, thanks to my father I have thick, stubborn, black eyebrows. So, are you seeing the picture in your head. Dark bushy eyebrow, pale smooth as baby butt skin, and then more dark bushy eyebrow.

I look like a freak!

When I called my mom, she was supportive until she couldn't keep the giggles in any longer. She couldn't wait to see me and it had nothing to do with the fact that she missed me or anything like that. She literally couldn't wait to see me. Thanks mom.

Thankfully, my brows have always grown fast and I'm getting the hang of this whole brow pencil thing. Now if I can stop touching my face and rubbing it off through out the day I'll be set.

9 comments:

Valerie said...

pics? what pics?

no worries, the same thing happened to me a year or so ago. nice chunk out the middle.
es muy attractivia.

Anonymous said...

I had that done ONCE and never again. I have places by my eyebrows that never grew back. I guess it is scar tissue. Forget that! Still wouldn't mind seeing your pics.

Nikky said...

Aw, Steff, Im so sorry, but I must thank you, another learning experience that I can learn through you instead of having to live it myself!

Luckily it grows fast, you'll be back to normal in no time!

Melissa said...

When I read that sentence about her taking off the eyebrow, I gasped and jumped back. That's horrible!

I hope they grow back soon!

Becky said...

I always fear this each time I get my brows waxed. This is the very same reason why I don't get them waxed each time. You totally have my sympathy and pity, Steff - hope things are growing back quickly! This will probably be the first and only time I wish for something like that. :)

doodlebugmom said...

ouch! do your won brows Steff! Even I can do my own brows!

:o)

Allison said...

I got my eyebrows done once... and they didn't hardly take anything off! I need to find a better place!

Steff said...

Valerie: Well I meant the pictures that I'd posted last month. I had about three on there.

Jamie: It might not grow back???

Nikky: I'm glad you can learn from my mistakes. I'd never let a friend end up in this same bald state of eyebrow. ;)

Melissa: I hope they grow back too! And soon.

Becky: I had a lady who did such a great job I never imagined it would be this hard to get a good wax.

Linda: I'm not sure I could rip myself...I'd probably take off the whole brow! Though at this point I really should consider it.

Allison: Oh to have that problem!

Trina said...

My friend Mary has a pretty bad eyebrow waxing experience as well. You should scroll through her posts until you see it. It is sooo funny!!