Thursday, June 14, 2007

Because I Just Can't Resist...

...I was tagged by Lori (one of my new favorite teacher blogs!) to do a meme (seriously people...what the heck is a meme?) and since I kind of have a thing for questionnaire type thingies I'm going to do it. Besides, y'all want to know as much unimportant information about me as possible...right?!

But, first I have to go on and on about my poor big toe. I wouldn't consider myself klutzy per say, but some of the bumps, bruises, and now gashes on my body might beg to differ. Tuesday morning I was taking some mail to the front door to be put out for the post man. Well, the clip was on the opposite side of where the door opens so I just stepped out (leaving my right foot inside the house) and reached for the clip. I couldn't reach so I leaned a little further and pulled the door back just a bit and screamed in pain. Apparently in my quest to reach the clip I completely forgot about my foot still inside the house...directly in the line of the door. I should say that this screen door is metal and well I basically scraped a huge chunck of my flesh off the corner of my toe. I hobbled in and got the first aid kit. I don't care what the bottle says...peroxide stings on an open wound! I'm sure I was a sight bent over blowing on my big toe. After several swipes I began to realize that that dark pink slash wasn't blood but rather toe meat. I know that sounded disgusting...sorry. I've been hobbling around the house and doctoring my toe. Thankfully today it's starting to heal up some. I bet I get a nifty scar out of the deal. Hmm...I wonder if dudes dig scars too?

Okay, on with the meme!

Tagged ... It's all about meme (what the heck is meme by the way?)

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

Whee! All The Way Home
Melanie in Orygun
Queen of Drama
These Are the Days...
An Inside Look


Next, select five people to tag: (I'm going to tag because it's part of the instructions and I'm all about following the rules...sorry a fit of giggles over came me!...but if you don't want to do this it's okay.)

Nikky
Becky
Valerie
Allison
Ed

What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago I was 15 and probably just starting high school. I was wishing I was old enough to drive already, harboring a crush on Peter Abrigg, and hating algebra.

What were you doing 1 year ago? I was beginning to give up on ever finding a teaching job and questioning God's will for my life. Then just about three weeks later I got hired to teach second grade (which I absolutely LOVE!), planning a major move to Huntsville, and realizing that God's timing is perfect!

Five Snacks You Enjoy
Gummy...anything
peanut M&Ms
cucumber sticks
Cheetos Asteroids
A&W cream soda

Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics To
Reba - My Sister
Kenny Rogers - I Can't Unlove You
Beaches Sound track - Otto Titsling
Celine - I'm Your Angel
Cher - Jesse James

Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire
Pay off student loan
Help family
Travel (anywhere my heart desires)
Build a huge and organized scrapbook room onto my house
Quit my job...I think.

Five Bad Habits
I don't make my bed unless I'm changing the sheets.
I tend to look at the bad before looking for the good.
It's hard for me to forgive and the forget.
I don't pick the hair out of the drain.
I watch Nip/Tuck and Dirt on FX!

Five Things You Like To Do
Scrapbook!!!
Read
Shop for just about anything
Check my email and lavish attention on my blog ;)
Watch tv and movies

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
Tapered jeans
panty hose (unless I absolutely had to)
a side ponytail
anything with a cartoon on it (I went through a Disney on my shirt phase)
a thong

Five Favorite Toys
computer
cell phone
digital camera
TV/Dvd player
Zyron machine

6 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! I learned some good stuff! I like Cher's Jesse James too - that was the hardest question for me.

Steff said...

Lori: I did too. I know a bunch of songs but I'm not always up on who the artist is or what the offical title is of the song.

Nikky said...

ok, I will get to this (LOVE a good meme!) but things are busy RIGHT NOW, but I will get it done!

btw, thanks!!

Trina said...

Hey Steff, sorry about your toe! Ouch!! I know that my guys love a good scar, especially one with a REALLY good story...hahaha

Okay..Im not a MEME girl. Lori tagged me but I havent gotten to it yet. I love to read them, but I am not crazy about writing them out....hehehe

Lindsey said...

Lori directed me to your blog because I am a teacher to and she said I would just love ya! I taught second grade for 4 years, and this past year I did a first-second grade mult-age and loved it. I too almost gave up on finding a job and prayed and prayed until I got mine, and then had to move just like you did. I wouldn't trade my job for anything, and it sounds like you wouldn't either! I love Nip Tuck too!

WordBearer said...

Watching FX is not a bad habit. I myself count Nip/Tuck as a dirty pleasure. I just hope the move to California works out for Christian. Will the Carver return? I can't wait.

Resuce Me is a better show. I have not watched much Dirt, mainly because I am still nursing a Friends grudge.