Saturday, July 21, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

I've always heard that if you didn't like the weather in Texas to just wait a minute and it would change. Well, I've waited but there has been no change. You'd think we were living in some tropical rain forest with all the daily rain and humidity that we have going on. When you look at a 5-7 day outlook forecast all you see is the little thunder cloud and rain symbol. The rain seriously messed with me while I was hauling in my luggage and stuff from home. And with it so overcast all day long I've gotten practically no where on the sun I was hoping to get before the cruise. Any other summer and I'd be toasted to a crisp! Where has the normal summer weather gone?!

I know I shouldn't be complaining too hard because a lot of areas needed the rain. But good grief, you'd think they'd have had enough by now! Also, I guess the rain isn't all bad...it has kept the temperatures in the manageable range. Normally by now we're hovering around the triple digits. I think I saw that it was 78 when I was out yesterday around noon.

Anyway, while I'm sure people have enjoyed the rain (hey...no more spending money on watering the grass!) I think it's time for us to spread the wealth...say with our Northern friends. (Linda that was just for you!) So, rain rain GO AWAY!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Steffany,
I am glad you are getting rain. We have had NONE! You could send some Lubbock way if you don't mind....on second thought we will be moving next weekend so NO rain please!! Guess I should make up my mind huh? When do you leave for your cruise? Ready and all packed?

Steff said...

Becky: It rained when I moved here from home...it was miserable because after the rain left the humidity set in...ughh! I leave tomorrow. And no...I'm not packed. I'll never learn. :)

Valerie said...

we so coulda used some rain here. Mostly Smoggy So. Cal is Mostly Tinder So. Cal. they keep saying it's going to be the worst fire season ever. oy!

can you go try the spray on tan? or a little tanning bed action?
have fun on the cruise!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Valerie, send some rain the So Cal way. We haven't had rain in so long I forgot what it looked like!

Steff said...

Valerie: No tanning bed action because I don't want cancer and no spray on tan because no matter what it says...I'll probably turn out streaky. I'll just get tan on the ship!

Skrpndiva: Okay...went out and yelled at the clouds to head west. Hopefully they follow these directions better than just "Go away!". lol

Nikky said...

Ya know, up here in Minnesota, my lawn is turning brown. I refuse to water it, I'm just letting it get ugly, so yeah, why don't you jar up some of that rain and send it my way!
LOL

Steff said...

Nikky: Lol...normally I just let it get ugly too, but my lawn is so green and so tall right now! Maybe you should move to Texas?!