Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Up For A Change?

I like to think that I can roll with the punches and handle change well, but I'm just fooling myself. I like routine. I find it comforting when things are the same and I know what is going on. I'm not good when it comes to limbo and waiting to see what happens. I'll never be a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl...just ask those I've traveled with!

Anyway, as much as I don't like for things to change, I need to make a change on my blog. You thought it was going to be something big and important right?! Yesterday I uploaded a bunch of pictures from my camera and started thinking about adding one of those photobucket things to my blog. Several people have little slides and such with pictures of them or things that are important to them on their blogs. I think they are really neat and you get to know the person just a little bit better. So, I made one and tried to put it in this blog. It didn't work exactly right...I think the template is not suited for it. The picture cube fit on the top but didn't look right. I wanted it to be on the side and it looked cut off.

So, if I want to add pictures I have to change the template...or find some nice blogger to help me figure this out! I looked at new blogger templates yesterday and I couldn't find one that just suited me. I figured I'd play around with them today. I see some really neat templates (like Trina and Lori to name a couple) and I wonder how they did that.

I've grown fond of my green and yellow dots but I think it's time for a change. I'm not promising this is going to happen today, but I think pretty soon.

9 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Can't wait to see the new look. My son is pretty good with html, so he helped me change the colors on mine.

Steff said...

Linda: Thanks! I don't want my blog to turn blah so I'm excited about revamping it!

Lori said...

Your template is exactly what I used before I changed mine up! You should really look at Splat Designs - she's awesome to work with! You will NOT be disappointed! :-)

Oh & my picture thing on the sidebar, I added from picturetrail.com & it took HOURS to figure out how!! I'm telling you - it is worth the money to just have Lindsay at Splat Designs do it for you! LOL!! She's super reasonable!

Nikky said...

I changed mine up (really, just got the banner done) with help from Scott (he's AELEOPE on my blogroll) He made the banner for me just on a whim, then spent a ton of time on IM with me talking me through the html code stuff)

I used to have a pretty dull template, and just got sick of it, so I was so glad to have Scott, I def. recommend having help if you're not sure what you're doing!
Good luck, can't wait to see the 'new you'

Steff said...

Lori: I emailed her this morning but I haven't heard anything back. She said she was having email trouble but hopefully she'll get back to me.

Nikky:I'm not good at this stuff so I really like the idea of tossing out a few ideas and having someone else do the hard work! I can't wait to see how it all turns out too!

Niners said...

I really want to change mine too. I haven't had my blog as long as you, and I am already tired of the color. If I figure it out, then I will let you know.

Steff said...

Nina: Several people have suggested Splat Designs. You know I'm completely dumb when it comes to this kind of thing so I think I'm going to let her work on my blog.

Valerie said...

excellent! share your secrets because i am as lame as they come with this sorta stuff!!

Steff said...

Valerie: Oh please! Your blog is totally cute. I love how you keep changing the picture in the header. Right now that sand one speaks to me. :)