Thursday, August 16, 2007

All Checked Out

Amid all my travels this summer I also had to make time for all those routine annual exams. Those were by far not as fun as the vacations. Wait...let me rephrase that. They were not fun at all. But, in this day and age it pays to stay on top of your health so I scheduled myself to be checked out head to toe and that place in between.

Today was the last appointment. I had my teeth cleaned. I had actually gone yesterday for the initial visit with this doctor and he took eighteen x-rays of my mouth. Yes...I said eighteen! Some were really unpleasant because I have these bone bumps under my tongue. Anyway, he said what a lot of other dentists have said...I have great teeth! But, he did say that I'd have to have my wisdom teeth out within the year or I could be looking at some teeth pushing. I'm not looking forward to that at all. Goodness, I get side tracked so easily. Today was the teeth cleaning. It doesn't hurt at all, but that scratching they do nearly drove me insane! It sounds like nails on a chalkboard but you can't get away from it.

Well, as I'm laying there practically flat on my back I kept feeling like it reminded me of something. Oh yes...my annual "woman" exam. You know, I bet someone could make a killing by coming up with some unique art that hangs on the ceiling! Anyway, thankfully everything is in complete healthy working order and no one should need to probe or scrape anything for another year!

9 comments:

Valerie said...

isn't it nice when nothing had to be poked, prodded or jacked open for exams for another year? rock on!

Steff said...

Valerie: Yes, especially since something completely humilating happend when I was "jacked open" this year.

Lori said...

double yuck! (but thanks for the reminder to make sure I had MY appointments lined up ~ha!)

Steff said...

Lori: Just relax and breathe...works for just about all those appointments. LOL

Anonymous said...

Just had the oral fix, in October I get the other crevice checked and I have to schedule a boobie check for sometime soon.

I hate these appointments, however my fear of incurable anything makes me continue to go.

Glad to read you go too!

Jacquie

Steff said...

Diva: Haha...that made me laugh! And you're right. I wish more women were afraid of the incurable anything too.

Nikky said...

I think the ceilings are good places for those 'hidden image' things! I see them in malls, those little kiosk places, and I don't have time to stare at it until I see the damn sailboat! But at the dentist, or the 'woman exam', that would be a great time! Captive audience, ya know!

Melissa said...

I actually worked in a doctor's office once (a high risk obgyn) who had three exam rooms, each decorated in a different theme, and each with a different painting on the ceiling. Unfortunately, he wasn't MY doctor!

Melissa said...

I have those bony protrusions under my tongue, too! They only cause a problem when I'm having an x-ray and need to bite on that plastic thingy. That hurts.

Thanks for the reminder to make all the yearly appointments!

Yours in health,

Melissa