Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm Still Waiting...

There is a saying in Texas that goes something like this, "If you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it'll change." Well, I'm still waiting and it's still raining! I love the smell of rain (before and after it comes), I don't have to water and I have a lush (and by that I mean practically taking over the house!) green lawn, and it's helping out with the water shortage. But seriously...doesn't it ever stop?

For readers not from Texas, let me just say that this is not normal August weather in Texas. Normally it's a scorching triple digit number and H.O.T (my friend Gela says it has more power if you spell it out). Currently it's pouring and around 76 outside. I shouldn't be complaining but I have selfish reasons for wanting it to let up. I'm going to the beach next week and I'd like the sunny days over these wet ones. Perhaps Mother Nature is getting it out of her system now instead of next week!

In other news....y'all stay tuned...I'm getting a new blog! Okay, it's not really new but the look of it is about to change. Lindsay over at Splatdesigns (an incredibly patient woman...and those of you who know me know what she was dealing with!) has put the final touches on the new template. The last step is to get it uploaded on here. I'm excited!

Also, if you haven't already skip down to the previous post and check out the pictures from Mexico! I'm sorry that the caption goes by so quickly. I'll fiddle with photobucket and see if I can slow it down a little.

Stay dry out there!

12 comments:

Nikky said...

geesh, I wish we had some. I think my lawn looks like what I imagine a texan lawn would be, and it sounds like you have my normal lawn. Not much rain here lately!

enjoy it!

Valerie said...

we could use some rain here, too. i'm getting tired of doing a rain dance on the balcony.

the neighbors are tired of it, too.

marykathryn said...

I lived in Okla. forever so I know all about the weather changing theory..hehe
Love the pics and can I still say how JEALOUS I am??
BTW.. I tagged you!!

Christina_the_wench said...

Lord, I'll take some of that rain off your hands. I can cut my feet walking through the yard. Seriously.

New blog design will be sweet!

Steff said...

Nikky: I know I know...I shouldn't complain, but seriously "rain rain go see Nikky!"

Valerie: You always crack me up! And I love that so much. :)

Mary: Someone else tagged me on that one too so I guess I'd better get crackin' huh?!

Christina: Yeah, I'm excited about the new blog design. It's in greens, blues, and purples. I think it'll be great!

Me said...

Hey nice blog!
I'm in the UK and it has rained so much here and caused massive flooding. What the hell is going on??

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah, your new look rocks! Lindsay does such a great job!!

Sandman said...

I love the nre design of the blog! Cool

Lori said...

Love the new look! I told you Lindsay was AWESOME!!

Steff said...

Me: Thanks for stopping by! I have no idea about the rain. If you figure it out then let me know!

Lindsey: Yes, I'm very pleased with the turn out. It was time for a change!

Bj: I liked those dots, but I think this fits my personality too!

Lori: Yes, you did. She had her hands full with my lack of knowledge and endless questions. It was worth it though!

Valerie said...

nice new layout! love the colors, too - very beachy!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! Wish I was good enough to have everything I want on my side bar plus a totally different looking blog than anyone else. But, alas, I do not and have no one to do it for me. I suppose if I read HTML I could figure it out, but then that's an entirely different subject. lol