Thursday, August 30, 2007

Intestinal Upset

Warning...read the title again and proceed with caution. It's a kind of read at your own risk type thing!

Okay, I don't know what the deal is but this better not be setting the tone for how my year is going to go. We've been in school four days and there have already been three (that's one less than four) bouts of "getting sick" in my classroom. I'll spare you the details, but today's was pretty bad. Two words...both ends.

With a new group of kids it's hard to know right away who your fakers (the ones who mysteriously get a tummy ache during work time but are fine to play at recess) are and who seriously need the trashcan. Unfortunately, today's victim came from first grade with a warning from the teacher that she was a faker. So, I didn't believe her but still gave her the trashcan in an effort to keep her on task. All I can say is thank God!

Anyway, just say a little prayer that the teacher doesn't catch any sort of intestinal upset herself!

Oh, and since we're already in the middle of such a nasty topic let me leave you with a little funny...

Little Girl: "Ms. Stewart can I go to the bathroom? My stomach hurts."

Ms. Stewart: (coming off of the aforementioned incident) "Yes, go right now!"

Ms. Stewart: (upon her return) "Does your stomach feel better?"

Little Girl: "Yes! I just had gas and my mom says that I'm supposed to have gas in the bathroom. Actually, Ms. Stewart I've had gas all morning."

Ms. Stewart: "Well, I'm glad you feel better, but let's not share that with anyone else okay?"

5 comments:

Lori said...

HHHAAAA!!! (to the last part, not the first!) I had a girl get sick the first week too! (throw up - but lucky for me, she waited until Art class! ha!)

Anonymous said...

These things are the parts that teachers have to deal with that no one thinks of!

Jacquie

Steff said...

Lori: Rub it in....lol!

Diva: Well trust me...I'm ready to stop dealing with it.

Nikky said...

Im sorry, but that is just funny! Yes, the last part, the first part is NOT funny, not for you and not for the kids.
On the subject of gas tho (ugh...) I have a niece who would go change her underwear after passing gas. EVERY TIME... this was when she was from about 3 til 5... she's 18 now, maybe I should remind her...hehehe.
Thanks for sharing a funny, and good luck NOT getting sick!

Lindsey said...

THey are just SOOO honest!! Bless you for the 3 incidents!! No more!!