Sunday, September 09, 2007

So Long Summer

I think summer has officially come to an end for me. This weekend was the last hurrah of the summer. It was the annual Schlitterbahn trip. I had a ton of fun, got a little sun (despite my best efforts to avoid it!), and think it was the perfect way to cap off a wonderful summer.

One would think I'd be water logged from all the places I've been this summer and one would be correct! From beaches to water parks, I've had plenty of sun and water to last me till next summer. After I wash the swimsuits they will be heading for a long sabbatical in the dresser drawer.

I know fall is usually a time for slowing down and getting back into a routine, but it's one of my favorite times of year! I've already got a beautiful fall wreath hanging on the door and it makes me smile every time I come home. There are so many exciting things that happen between now and the end of the year. I can't wait! For instance, my birthday (which is quickly approaching...three weeks actually!), football games, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, holiday parties and get-togethers, wrapping...can you tell I really love this time of year?!

So, with so much waiting to begin it's time to say goodbye to summer. I had fun with you, but as with all good things it must come to an end. Thanks for the memories and I can't wait to see what you bring next year!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I agree-this time of year is the best! All the activities and fall shopping. Love it! I'm not sad to see the hot temps go, especially the humidity!

Becky said...

I want cool temperatures NOW, I would even settle for a big pile of snow just cool things off immediately. Oh well, I can dream can't I? Thanks for reminding me of all the wonderful fall things happening....sometimes daily life gets so hectic that we forget the fun and thrilling things coming up of the season. Can't wait to see what fun things you do for the season......and what ideas does the bday girl have for her upcoming birthday??

Lori said...

I love fall too!!! Fall & Spring ~ my two favs!

Valerie said...

fall and winter rock my world. and i'm jealous! we so wanna go to Schlitterbahn and have yet to do it!

Melissa said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. My mom's birthday is the end of this month, and we used to go to the Smoky Mountains for it. And, Anna Marie just happened to be born then, so I get to plan her party for fall.

Or at least I will, once I get this silly magazine I'm working on put to bed.

Anonymous said...

I love winter. I love fall. I love spring. It's summer I could do without. Well, weather wise anyway. Too darn hot here!

Jacquie

Nikky said...

I just love fall, and I'm thinking it has something to do with birthdays, mine is mid Sept., but I also love the warm sun and cool breezes, that "crisp" air, and everything else you named!
I'm having an easier time saying goodbye to summer tho, I didn't have NEAR as much fun as you did!

Steff said...

Lindsey: I'm with you...I'm glad to see the hot temps go!

Becky: Well, my parents are coming for my birthday and I'm excited about that. Other than that I'm going with the flow!

Lori: Seriously you and I are so alike sometimes it's freaky!

Valerie: I spent the whole time in the wave lazy river. I rode one slide but was so content to float in my tube all day!

Melissa: I seriously think Fall is my favorite time of year because of my birthday. I'm pretty fond of birthdays!

Diva: It's pretty darn hot here too!

Nikky: This summer was the first one in a long time where I actually felt I did summery things and truly enjoyed every minute of it.