Saturday, October 20, 2007

Doing The Do

Ear update: Those "miracle" drop are in my hand and currently in my ear (four times a day no less) and still the bulge remains. Before I heard nothing because the bulge was caused by air. Now I hear a sloshy sound when I move my head. It really is fascinating the noises your body can make...especially when you're tuned into the sounds. Everyone knows you hear things when you can't hear right?!

I have it on good authority that it is certainly okay to devote numerous posts to beauty routines. The following is just such a post. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. That in and of itself isn't exactly blog worthy, but I'm going for a new style. Currently my hair is grown out (slightly past my shoulders at the longest layer) and in desperate need of a trim. I really like the bang look too, but I had to do some training of my hair before bangs would work. My hair now parts on the side of my head instead of right in the middle so I think we're ready!

Thanks to my dad, I've got some natural wave in my hair so I have a variety of ways to fix my hair. I usually go for the blow dry it straight look, but last week I wanted to sleep more than I wanted my hair to look good so I did a lot of letting it go natural and taming it with a headband. Take a look for yourself.



Oh, and yes Mama (and anyone else who has something to say about those eyebrows...another hairy gift from my dad) I'm getting a wax too.

Okay, here is the after picture...my new do!



So, what do y'all think?! I might be misleading you when I say "new" do as this is basically my same hairstyle just with bangs. But when a look works for you then you should stick with it right?! It's taking a little getting used to having something on your forehead when you haven't had something on your forehead in a while. But, overall I really like the cut. The only thing missing is the shaped eyebrows. Apparently the wax warmer got fried so it looks like me and the tweezers are going to get very friendly.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the new 'do'.

Jaq

Steff said...

Diva: You know, it's amazing the way you look different simply by styling your hair a new way. I like them both!

Becky said...

Love your new do...can go no wrong. Is it easier to manage and get ready in the morning? That is what I am about. I need to get my hair trimmed...getting too long.

Edtime Stories said...

Love the new do You really seem to be happy with it.

Steff said...

Becky: I only have hair that is easy to manage in the morning! Yes, it is easy to tame and get ready in the morning. Probably why I love it!

Ed: I am very happy with the fact that I can still go curly when the mood strikes but I love the sleek and shiny look too!

Nikky said...

I LOVE this! I know what you mean about getting used to bangs again tho, I don't have any now, and it's the whole adjustment period that keeps me from chopping some... I HATE that "don't know what to do with 'em" thing...

You look GREAT!

Melissa said...

1. I get very jealous of anyone (like you or my sister) with natural wave in your hair. Oh, to have mine do something other than lie there!

2. The "new" do is very cute! Even if it is just bangs!

doodlebugmom said...

I love the new do. Adorable in a "that girl" kind of way (oh I know, you are too young for that girl!)

Jaded said...

LOVE the new 'do!

And what's causing the ear bulge?

Oh, and I tagged you for some meme thing I was tagged for. Play along if you'd like, and if not, no biggie. It's on my blog.

Lori said...

I like both! :-) Too bad about the eyebrow wax - it's SO much easier than plucking!! And faster! ha!

Valerie said...

it's cute! and it does look new, so go with it, baby!

gah! i SO need a wax job...i'm just lazy and haven't gotten over to my girl..i love her and i swear she has a voodoo browhair doll that she pops onto when she needs me to come in...it's like the buggers multiply overnight!

Bunny said...

New 'do looks fab! And your brows are fine, I wouldn't worry about them!

Lindsey said...

Cute!!! And I didn't even notice your brows, but you know, we are all our worst critics!