Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cranky Baby

Here is a hodge podge of the week so far:

Fall Cleaning Project: Crap still in my living room, but the spare room is vacuumed, furniture arranged, bathroom scrubbed and smells fresh. I'm going to deviate from the plan and move all this crap back into the room but in sections so I can organize in there. I can't stand this crap in my living room!

Funny Kid Quotes: I'm beginning to wonder if these kids are as funny as my group last year. Maybe I just need to listen harder?!

Teacher: (whose back was turned to the board, writing) "Oh, who said evaporation?"
Student: "Uhh, no one Ms. Stewart. I think you're hearing things!"

Teacher: (who has some natural curl and when I'm in a rush I just spritz it with my curl vamp stuff and my hair has this total bed-head quality...the head band normally tames it a little, but it's the whole mess look)
Student: "Ms. Stewart did you forget to comb your hair today?"

Health Stuff: Last week I got some water in my ear during my shower. I tried to shake it out, but with little success. Anyway, now I hear like I have cotton in my ear. It's just been annoying, but not it is starting to hurt. I was one "cranky baby" this afternoon. I've got an appointment with my doctor on Thursday afternoon, but I'm willing to try shoving my key in my ear. Anything to pop that bubble!

My Co-Captain-ness: My friend Niners and I are co-captains for our school's Relay For Life team. Tonight was our first meeting and I have to admit that I'm a little overwhelmed by it all. Our theme this year is Monopoly. Each site will be a place on the board. We're not going for the popular ones (Boardwalk and Park Place) so we're looking for one with creative possibilities. Any ideas?!

Venting Update: After speaking to another teacher and my mom (who is my absolute calming center!) I realized that I might be over-reacting just a little and letting some personal issues cloud my judgement. Oh, the principal is still disorganized and horrible at communicating, but I'll give her that it might be because her plate is as full as mine is. Being swamped with meetings and paperwork is tough on all...the administrator and the teacher.

So, that about sums up the week so far. Normally the days go by fast, but I feel like this commercial I saw:

"I feel like I woke up this morning and thought it was Thursday, but it's only Wednesday."
"Dude, it's Tuesday."

So much to do, and so little time to get it all done in!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

First off, I've thought it was Wednesday all day long! Usually that sort of thing only happens when I have a day off!

Second, I know what you mean about the clutter. Sometimes, I wish I had a sheet in my front yard so I could sort it out there like all the TV shows do.

Steff said...

Melissa: Are you kidding?! I wish I just had the people like on the TV shows...LOL :)

Niners said...

Relay did seem a bit overwhelming, but I think since we are in it together, maybe it wont be so bad. Cortney didn't seem that overwhelmed by it last year. It's going to be fun. I need a monopoly game. so we can find a space we want.

Steff said...

Nina: Monopoly game night at your house!!!

Lori said...

Yea that stuff in the living room would get to me too!

Love the quote at the bottom! ha!

Lindsey said...

Oh I feel ya!!! The stuff in the living room would bug me too. Maybe it's a teacher thing cause Lori said the same thing too!!

marykathryn said...

Well I'm not a teacher, but all the clutter in the living room would also have to go..I have enough trouble finding my way around when my 3 kids and hubby are in there, much less clutter..LOL
Hope you week picks up in a fun way..You need to plan a fun weekend to get you mind going in that direction!:-)

Anonymous said...

I am with you, I couldn't live with the clutter in my living room for too long. I have clutter at various times throughout the year and this year I vow to be different ... this school year/Girl Scout year I mean!

Jacquie