Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shopping Safari

Thursday I took a mental health day and went to the annual Houston Nutcracker Market. It is this huge Christmas arts, crafts, home decor show. So many pretties to see...so in the Christmas spirit now! I went with two great girls and we had a wonderful time. There was so much to see! I think it has already been decided that this will be something we do every year. Here are most of my finds. A few things will show up later, but they are Christmas presents and I can't give away the surprise!


I wish y'all's computers were scratch and sniff! On a recent therapy (of the retail variety) session I found these beautiful fall stems in a 75% off basket. I decided some scented pine cones would look great in the bowl. It turned into a great center piece for the coffee table! And did I mention they were scented?! Smells heavenly in here now!


I found this curved sign and I thought it would look great on the entertainment center with a nativity beside it. Hmm...maybe I'll have to snap again once the Christmas decorations go up!


This isn't the best picture, but I found these stars (this is the big one and I have two small ones that will look great after a coat of blue paint) that will fit my Americana living room theme perfectly!


Two of my more unusual finds from the Nutcracker Market were a spaghetti sauce and tea. I say unusual because I don't much care for either thing. But, when you have to wait in line for ten minutes to get a jar of this stuff you kind of have to buy a jar to see what all the fuss is about. Seriously, I think this sauce is the most popular thing from the Market! Also, I love cranberries and the sample was really good. It was sort of like tea flavored cranberry juice. I know...doesn't sound yummy from that description but it was!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE the crafts!!! Wish I lived closer 'cause I'd go too! And the sauces look yummy! You'll have to let us know how they turn out when you make them!

Steff said...

Lindsey: I know the cranberry tea is good! I had so much fun I've already invited a friend to come and visit so can make a girls' weekend of the whole thing!

*~Annette~* said...

I love craft shows!!! I wish I could afford to go to Christmas in November here. :-(

LOVE the flowers!

Steff said...

Annette: What I love most about that arrangement is that it only cost around $5 for the flowers, bowl, and pinecones.

Becky said...

How cute is everything!!! I love it, I love it, I love it. I really like the shiny red Believe! AND the stars - that would go with my living room too!! :) And YES, I did get my box. Thank you so much!! I already finished the book - took me a day and a half. Very good. Don't know about that over the bed thing but I will keep you posted. I especially loved your note in the book.

Bunny said...

Actually the tea sounds yummy! I love marinara sauces as well, so that last picture is what appeals to me most. Or maybe I just like food . . .

Looks like retail therapy was good to you!

Steff said...

Becky: Start pinching those pennies now...stuff wasn't all that cheap! But I had a blast. :) And can you see why I was blushing all over the place now?!

Bunny: Absolutely nothing wrong with liking food. I do too! :)

Lori said...

Great finds! I love the believe sign and the star! Glad you had a good mental health day - they are the best!

Nikky said...

I love these craft fair things, we have one near here, and you remind me that it's been too long!

Looks like you got some great stuff tho, good for you!

Steff said...

Lori: Yep, sometimes you just have to get away and recharge.

Nikky: I did find some great things. And believe it or not, I could have brought home so much more too!

Valerie said...

Christmas craft fairs are the best.ever. what bugs me, is, the one i went to Saturday didn't seem 'homemade;' rather that people bought stuff and were reselling.

bah. humbug!

Melissa said...

Anna Marie's dance school is sponsoring one of these markets next weekend - and your pictures are making me want to go!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I've been looking for a Believe sign like that for a while and haven't found a one around here. Nice finds girlie. You done did good!

Jaq