Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sin On Wheels


I was out shopping today (I really was on the look out for something to be a gift for someone else) and I stumbled across this journal in the bottom of a sale bin at Books-A-Million. The more I looked at it the more I knew this $3 gem was coming home with me. I would assume that like most people I have a side that is a litter darker and naughtier than what you see and read on here. Maybe that is why a book where the woman on the front is a whisper away from being exposed and reads on the back, "...a journal that challenges you to be as bad as you can be on its virgin pages..." appeals to me.

Anyway, when I showed it to my mom (who made the appropriate humph sound and said my name in a way I know means she can't believe I bought that but then again she can totally believe a I bought that) she was quick to say, "What if you died and as we were going through your stuff we found a journal that said sin on wheels?" Well, I would imagine it would be quite an eye-opener! Take that to mean what you will.

The instructions say that I should unleash the raw passion of my life's lusty saga - the penetrating insights, the naked truths, the seminal events, and the graphic, gritty details of every betrayal, revenge, and triumph. While I'm sure my life has some of all of these things, I don't know if I'll be rushing off to record them all in this book. I've discovered that I have some memories and thoughts that belong to me alone. Though I have a feeling some of those would be the stuff this journal was created for. Besides, if I spill my guts in there what would I have left for here?!

This journal is based on a book so I think I'll look online and see if I can find it and order it. A book titled Sin on Wheels probably doesn't fall in my "grown up" reading list criteria, but I still have a love for the down and dirty romance. Who knows...it just might earn a spot on the side bar!

***I checked online last night and could only find two listings for this book on Amazon. The first was $60 and the second was $35. So, Unless I can find this at the public library I won't be reading it. Also, I did discover in my search that this is one of four pulp journals along this line. Those were ranging anywhere from $8 - $22 online so I got a deal on mine!***

10 comments:

Lori said...

I would have picked it up too ~ it's fun to be naughty every now and then. Keeps life fun! You can save it to write about the stuff that Momma can't or shouldn't see! ha!

smileymamaT said...

WOOOOO! You could always bury it in the backyard in a time capsule when you've filled it up. :)
T

Becky said...

I am glad to hear that you totally didn't desert the romance novels. You know I still read them! Sometimes you just want to read something you know will be good and have a happy ending. You will have to let me know if you find the book online and what you think. Any big plans for the New Years??

Steff said...

Lori: I've got to write something in it. It would be a total shame to have this racy journal and leave it empty!

T: Maybe I'll leave it in my cedar hope chest and let future generations see what I was all about. I always thought it would be neat to find clues to what my great grandmother or grandmother was like when she was young.

Becky: Oh, I'll never give up on them completely. Actually while at BAM I bought a Christine Feehan book called Dark Dreamer. So far so good! She writes with such passion it is almost contagious! As for New Year's there is a party I'm going to. What about you?

Lindsey said...

Love that journal!!! I would have to have it too! Keep looking for that book!

Tan said...

Sorry, I can't comment now. I've got to go clean out my own "library" as your mom has me thinking "what if..." LOL I'm impressed that you even showed this to your mom. My own mom doesn't know about my stuff. LOL

Steff said...

Lindsey: You can find this and the other three (which the covers on them are much more provocative) on amazon.com. Just type in Sin on Wheels and it'll take you to the pulp journals!

Tee: Well, I figured it was safe since I hadn't written anything inside of it yet! Also, while my mom doesn't know all the details or exploits she knows this would appeal to my personality so it was okay. :)

Becky said...

Steff,
Today hubby and I are going to dinner at PF Chang's. Have you eaten there?? So good. Our reservations are at 7:30 and then afterwards we are going to get groceries for tomorrow and relax at home in pjs. Dark Dreamer huh?? I will have to look into that one!! Now you know why I love them so much!!

Rae said...

I would have so bought that too! And my mom would probably have said my name the same way. I'm going to check out to see if I can find something like that too--I think it's appropriate!

Happy New Year! (thank you for the comment, btw)

Ashlie said...

Ooh la la! This is the kind of book that I would probably look at with great interest in the store but would never actually buy. I'd be too worried about who might see it lying wantonly open about my living room furniture **wink**. And, I'm such a procrastinator that I'd probably never get around to writing in it. Wait...who am I kidding? I don't even have anything juicy enough to write about! Anyway, hope you have a steamy day!