Sunday, April 06, 2008

Blackberry Blunder

It should come as a shock to no one, but I am not good with technological gadgets. Seriously, it is a miracle that I can work things like the remote or the computer. Even then, sometimes I get frustrated and want to whack the heck out of it! When I got my new cell phone (I finally upgraded to something not from the 1990s) I had to scour the manual to find out how to do the basics. Yes, I live in a sad little low-tech world!

Well, yesterday my cousin and I were out and about. We'd gone out to lunch and were on the hunt for a movie theater that was showing The Other Boleyn Girl. She has a gerbil or German or something...anyway, it's one of those things that tells you where you are and where you need to go. It sits on the dashboard. It was turning out to be of no help, so she dug out her blackberry for us to use the Internet to find movie listings.

I should mention that we were driving along in Houston area traffic so she said, "You do know how to use the Internet right?" Well, of course I know how to use the Internet...when it is on a computer screen. She handed over the phone thing and I looked at it thinking, "Where is the A key?" Yeah, I was pushing all sorts of buttons. I must have had a seriously perplexed look on my face, because she started cracking up. It wasn't just any normal cracking up, but that kind where you hear no sound coming out. Babies do that...when they make that face, but no sound comes out. You know it is going to be one loud fit when the voice catches up with the face. I quickly handed the thing back like it was a hot potato! And then I caught the giggles.

You know, maybe you just had to be there, but I have serious issues with blackberries! Maybe I just have serious issues with technology! I swear...

6 comments:

Allison said...

And that is why I stick to regular cell phones! lol.

Lori said...

This is why I don't have a fancy phone! I am always in awe of those people with blackberries who seem to be typing a mile a minute! ha!

Melissa said...

I upgraded to a Blackjack II yesterday, and I'm still trying to figure the thing out!

Nikky said...

I suck at that stuff, too. My digital camera (apparently) does video, too. All I know is what buttons to hit to take snapshots!

Same with my cell, I guess I have internet access with it... I'm proud that I can talk, text and take and send pics... THAT'S enough techno-geek for me!

Sometimes those silent shaking gigglles are just the best thing for ya, hard to come by, but such a blessing when they sneak up on you!

Anonymous said...

I love technology and am a techno geek. Darn proud of it too! I'm not afraid to try anything. I just keep pushing buttons until either I figure it out or decide it's time to read the manual! lol

Jacquie

Lindsey said...

That's why I have a plain Jane phone. I didn't even want the camera on it, but it's there anyway. I can't handle all that stuff. Even when I'm at the gym, I see everyone with their ipods and cell phones and mp3 players attached to their ears and arms and I just can't hang with it!!