Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Friendly Dinner Mishap

One of my favorite things about going to Conroe (about 30 miles away...you know...the "big city") is that my friend Nina and I (usually) get to go out to dinner! Where I live there are only a handful of restaurants...Chili's, a BBQ joint, and a dozen or so Mexican places. It gets pretty boring for the taste buds.


Well, several nights ago I got suckered into craving Olive Garden thanks to a new commercial advertising the stuffed rigatoni and sausage (by the way...yummy!). For that kind of indulgence I have to make a trip down Nina's way. Just my luck...Nina didn't mind eating out. The last time we went to Olive Garden it was a great experience. This time...not so much.


It was one mishap after another. For all the nitty gritty details go here...Nina's Life and check out her version (you might have to scroll...). It is pretty much mishap by mishap what happened! Plus, I'm all about pimpin' a friend's blog. Y'all go show her all the blog love y'all show me...and you'll get to read a funny story in the process.


What are you still doing here....go!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I need you to help me set up my blog. Yours looks great! Mine is so plain. I just don't have the time to mess with it.

Anonymous said...

I'm goin', I'm goin'! I'll tell Nina you sent me!!!

Melissa said...

I'm going, but before I go - at least you have a Chilis in your town! We're a dry county, which cuts WAY down on who is willing to come here. We have several fast food joints, two each Mexican and Chinese, and a Domino's and Pizza Hut. Oh, and a BBQ joint that's so smoke-filled (and not from the pit) that you can't stand to go in.

When we go to the next decent-sized city (20 miles away) and stop for a meal, we have a rule: no place you can eat in our hometown!

Jaded said...

Oh my goodness...that is a funny story!! I'm glad you two could laugh even though the whole thing was such a mess!

Anonymous said...

Wow! When I get "service" like that, I'm talking to a manager about freebies - like the entire ticket for the ordeal you guys went through! Especially having a cheese grater landing in the middle of the table! In this case, according to my math, 2 + 2 = 100% off!!!