Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Maybe Job-y (Post Script)

Yesterday afternoon I sent in another round of faxes and today I got a nibble. I have an interview scheduled for Friday. It is in the area where I want to be and I like what I see from the school website. Plus, I have a friend that has worked there and said it was a good school. The principal sounded very friendly. So...now I go and interview.

This is the tricky part. I want to be excited and hopeful, but I don't want to get too excited just in case it doesn't pan out. I still find job rejection hard to handle. Y'all wish me luck. I'm sure I'll post details.

**Post Script...

Thank you for all the thoughts! The interview went well...at least I think it went well. I met with the principal only. We spoke for an hour and a half! Everyone has said that has to mean good things as you don't talk to someone for that long who you aren't interested in. We seemed to line up on most issues. She is looking for someone to be ESL certified (I'm not currently) but she did say that I could take the test over the summer and be fine. I tried to let her know that I was willing to do that and also that while not ESL certified I did have experience with those kids. I'm still trying to remain hopefully optimistic. She said that she had one more interview on Monday but that she wanted to make this decision fairly quickly. Hopefully I'll know something by next week. I really want this job. I've done all I can...now I just wait. And say a few prayers!

9 comments:

Lori said...

A friend working there that can give a good word for you is a big plus!! That is how I landed my job this year...my fingers are crossed! Just be yourself!

Becky said...

Good luck girl!! You will do great, I have no doubt!! See - this is just the nibble you needed. Remember to have faith! I will keep my fingers crossed and be sure to keep us posted!!

Melissa said...

I'm crossing my fingers AND my toes! (And praying too!)

Lindsey said...

I agree with Lori-having a friend already there is a good thing!! I'm not going to say good luck because I'm sure your resume and personality speak for themselves....I'm going to say KICK SOME BOOTY girl instead!!! You go and get that job!! And then post about it!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, bummer, I wish I had read this before the interview. Well, crossing my toes that everything went well.

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed, Steffy!

Jaded said...

An ESL cert isn't THAT hard to come by, especially if you have some experience with that population. And you're right... no one is going to spend that kind of time with you if they aren't interested. I hope it all works out perfectly for you! Keep in mind, however, that if it doesn't, you still had a good interview and that the rejection would have nothing to do with you. It might just come down to the certification, which is in no way a slight to you personally or professionally!

Nikky said...

I know it's a bit late, but I have to ask, did you send a thank-you note to the principal for taking the time to speak with you?

It's a nice way to get your name in front of them one more time, it's actually something that the "experts" recommend, and I must say, I sent one to each of the people who interviewed me for my current job, that would be my current boss and her boss!
see? it works!

Good Luck, I hope you're hearing good news by now!!

Anonymous said...

I woulda thunk everyone in South Texas was versed in ESL ... if it means what I think it does.