Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Very Before

It is almost 11pm and I should be in bed getting some much needed sleep before next week starts, but I'm at the computer. I can't seem to turn my brain off even though I've been telling it to shut down for a while now. I suppose I have too many things occupying it. But, since I'm up I decided to get those pictures of my classroom posted. I warn you though...these are the extreme before pictures!
This is my classroom as seen from the hallway. I'm in a corner classroom. I think that window into the hallway is pretty nifty. I didn't have a window in my last room, so even if my view is just of the hall, I'm still impressed. I already have visions of valances and window clings. Very teachery of me don't you think?

So, remember when I said this was the extreme before pictures? This is why...my room is not finished yet. Those tall things in the middle of my room are the cabinets that go against a wall. I'm not sure what all that cardboard went to, but hopefully it will be gone too. The room feels fairly large (of course it is mostly empty) and I love that I have plenty of wall space.


This view is from the far corner looking toward the back of the room. I have this pillar that I'm not sure how exactly I'll work around. I've thought maybe my desk in that corner or a reading corner maybe. I'll just have to play it by ear. If you have any suggestions shout them out!

So, there you have the first tour of the room. It was hard for me to visualize it all ready for me to move in, but I think that it has a lot of potential. Tomorrow is the big move...well, I mean I'm taking my stuff out of storage and the movers are taking it to Spring. Hopefully (everyone please cross your fingers and say your prayers!) the room is ready. And by that I mean the cabinets are in the right place and there is furniture and all the trash is gone. If for some reason it isn't...well it is a good thing I'm practicing the art of letting it go!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!

And when I saw the pic of the column in your room, I thought "that would make a great reading corner!" Maybe some pillows and a little throw rug. Just a thought.

Can't wait to see the "after" pics!!

Steff said...

Jersey Girl: I was hoping you'd stop by! Please send me an email with your blog address. Thanks! I like the reading corner idea too. :)

Becky said...

Wow! How exciting - the room looks huge!! Is it really big? I can't wait to see your after pics - you will make it look gorgeous, I know. I remember having a reading corner when I was in school - filled with lots and lots of massive pillows to lay on. Sounds heavenly to me, even now! And I will keep my fingers crossed that the room will be done!

Lori said...

I am envious of the NEWness!! Awesome - I see some cute curtains on that window...and I have a pillar in my room and I hate to tell you but it sucks b/c the pillar holds the computer wiring and the computers HAVE to go there and it's in the worst spot. Hopefully, yours can be a cute reading corner. Can't wait to see how it turns out!! I had my 2nd day of kiddo's today...whew, the first week back is SO exhausting!!

Anonymous said...

That class looks great even in the state it was in. I can tell you that we don't have great classrooms like that here!

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gonna be a fun blank canvas. I'm sure you will make it amazing. You know, I have a half a rowboat in my bedroom filled with pillows and comforters that my grandbabies lay in to read. Or get a big old bathtub ! You certainly have the space. Looking forward to seeing the "after"