Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mini Vacation

One of the good things...perhaps the only good thing...to come out of Ike was that I'm getting to enjoy some unexpected time with my family. As you may have gathered, I'm still in Abilene. School was cancelled for the rest of the week with our projected date of return Monday. As of now, there is still no power in Spring and one of my friends and fellow co-workers said that judging by the looks of things in Spring it might be the middle of next week before we return. So, more waiting and seeing...

In the meantime, I'm getting to spend my days hanging out with my mom. Now you all know how much fun I have with my mom. Today we met up with some friends of hers for lunch. After that, we spent the afternoon in her craft room. While we don't share the same paper crafting hobbies, I really enjoy getting to help her make cards and such. It is just a relaxing way to spend time together. I'm reminded again just how lucky I am to have such a great relationship with my mom.

Thanks for all your kind and caring thoughts! You blogger friends of mine are the best!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am glad you are getting to spend some quality time with your Mom. Some unexpected rest and relaxation are always a wonderful blessing! Please tell your Mom hello for me. I will check on your zip code status today when I get to work. Reading any good books while you are at home??

Lori said...

Glad you are safe and time with Mom is priceless!

I can send you some papers to grade if you are missing it! :-)

*~Annette~* said...

Well.. HELLO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm teaching tomorrow at Scrapbooker's Dream, if you wanna swing by!

Melissa said...

Yep, an unexpected vacation is nice!