Sunday, January 04, 2009

400+1

Today someone said to me, "May the trials of 2008 turn into the celebrations of 2009." Lord, I hope that is true. Usually, I love the start of a new year...it is fresh and brimming with possibilities. I suppose this one is much the same, but I'm just feeling a touch weighed down by the last moments of 2008.

As I've already mentioned, my Mimi died (my favorite recent picture of the two of us is on the picture slide show if you wait for it to roll around...it says I heart my Mimi) right before Christmas. In addition, the family dog was put to sleep that very same day and because of the situation it fell to me to take her to the vet. I didn't even get to stay with her...simply handed her off into the arms of someone she didn't know. Charlie, my newest kitty addition, has turned out not to be the stellar traveler that Toby is...stress induced intestinal upset the vet termed it. I would simply say the worst diarrhea ever. My computer had crashed and is now working...sort of. I won't go into the problems still plaguing it, but suffice to say a visit back to the shop is required. Work starts tomorrow and with all this going on I feel like I've had no restful break at all.

I told a friend tonight that I simply wished to just turn my life over to someone else to live and deal with while I found a quiet place to simply rest. Does this sound like depression or just a normal reaction to the crap life has thrown my way?

If you're curious at all about the title of my post, I hit the 400 post mark. It was that last post... I'd had plans to write a very reflective look back at the last few years and the life that was in those 400 posts. Now, I just don't feel up for it. I'm sure post 402 will be fine to be reflective in...what do you think?

8 comments:

Niners said...

you are not alone, there are many times I have wanted to turn my life over to someone else to deal with. But that is life, no matter how hard you try, it is not going to be perfect. Don't get in to the depression mode.......been there, it was no fun (well except for the fact that I lost 50 lbs - I don't eat when I'm depressed). Give yourself, and life sometime, things will get better.

Lori said...

I think you are having a normal reaction to A LOT of stuff being thrown at you at once. We all go throw up's and down in life and you are just in a down time. It will turn around, but take the time to grieve and feel what you need to feel before you move on. I am sending you good thoughts!!!

Melissa said...

I agree that you're having a normal reaction to such a stressful period. And we don't care if your reflective post comes on the 400th, or the 3268th entry! It's your blog!

Nikky said...

Hey hon, I just wanna give you a hug, things sound really tough in your world right now... but while I was sitting here waiting for the Mimi pic to roll by, I noticed your quote below the pics... have you read it lately?

By the way, your Mimi looks like she was a fun and wonderful lady, how lucky you are to have such wonderful memories of times with her.

Things will get better, you're getting alot all at once, but things will get better.

Lindsey said...

I think it's natural to feel like this...especially when things keep coming at you like that so quickly. Being back at work this week hopefully gave you a little bit of normalicy and clarity...sometimes it can and sometimes it adds more stress. I'm hoping it helped you out a little, even if you are so tired. Maybe taking a personal day next week will give you the extra zing you need....a day to rest and get your thoughts together. Hang in there, it will get better:)

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

fragilewisdom said...

You are indeed having a normal reaction to a very stressful and trying time. I hope that this week went well for you.

Nikky said...

Hey, steff? Miss you! Hope all is well!