Friday, June 01, 2007

Look Out Summer!

Yesterday was officially the last day of the 2006-2007 school year. Summer school is being held on our campus this year so I've got to square away my room (there is this rumor that summer school teachers have sticky fingers) a little more on Monday, but essentially today was the first day of summer!

I know people are probably sick of hearing about what I'm doing this summer, but I'm excited about it all. And now to add to the mix...a week long trip to the beach with some girls from work in August! Some song with the words "beach baby beach baby...and that's as far as I get" keeps playing in my head. I think this is first summer in a long time where I'll spend so much time around sand.

Everything kicks off on Tuesday when I leave for Arlington. I'm going a scrapbook convention with all the ladies in my family! I can't wait. Scrapbooking is my absolute favorite hobby and I love spending time with my family. (By the way, if you click on each of those words you'll get to see an example of my scrapbooking talents!) Then it's on to my parents' home for some much needed catch up time.

A friend today was saying how it must be nice to have those long summer vacations. Yeah...I agree!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Steffany,
I love your clipboard! That is SO neat. I bet your friend loved that gift. You are so much more creative than I am. Please have extra fun for me in Arlington this weekend and tell your family hello for me!

Nikky said...

A scrapbooking convention? I am so jealous! Not just for the escape of it (and wow, do I need that!) but to work on my albums uninterrupted... somehow I think that's what heaven is like, ya know?

Steff said...

Becky: It was really easy to make too! I wish you could have come to Convention, but I'll think about you! How is your sister doing?

Nikky: Oh yes...four days of shopping, doing make and takes, and oh that uninterrupted time of scrapbooking. Since I started teaching I've only done one project so I'm looking forward to getting caught up. I'll definitely post some of my layouts when I get home.

Becky said...

Steff,
I wish I could have come to the Convention too! I really loved going to the one in Wichita Falls that we went to. My sister is doing good, thanks for asking. My mom sent me pics of her car after the accident - it is awful! We are VERY blessed that my sister is still here with us. I hope you have a fabulous time - can't wait to hear all about it!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, hope you have a good time!
bb

Steff said...

Becky: Well start planning now for next year...it's always the first part of June at the Arlington Convention Center. :)

Ben: Hey...you stopped over. I'm planning on having a good time. You too! :)

Becky said...

I will be sure to keep that weekend next year open! I will be in town permanently there so even better! I hope you and yours are having a fabulous time and be sure to say hello to everyone for me.

Lori said...

A scrapbook convention!!! I am SOOO jealous!!! I am a scrappin' fool myself! You gotta tell us all about it when you get back!

smileymamaT said...

Hi! I just had to read back a ways and catch up. I was laughing SO HARD out loud at the list of "you know you work in a school when"....laughing so loud, home all by myself, that the dog came over to see what's up! I agree with the Velcro idea! I'll make the costumes! ha....
T

Anonymous said...

Steffany, I KNOW you're going to have a wonderful summer! I sure hope you have a great time in scrapbooking world. You create such wonderful things when you scrap.

Steff said...

Becky: I'll pass along your greetings!

Lori: Let me get this straight...you're a teacher, a blogger, and now I find out that you're a scrappin' fool...it's like we were meant to be blogger friends!

T: I know...the velcro idea was my favorite. Maybe I'll invest in velcro just in case! ;)

Bethany: I'm sure I'll enjoy the convention, but I'm looking forward to the girl time with my family the most. And thank you for the compliment.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too!! See you Thursday... oh, and not all the ladies of the family are going...we're missing one aunt....how rude of you! ;-)